Chapter 37 : The Water of Calamity

~A/N~ JOIN MY NEW DISCORD. Just made one and got tons of stuff in there like PJO news, plug-your-fanfics-, story teasers, and a lot more. I also think we're gonna do a movie night for the new PJO show when it comes out. Here's the link

https://discord.gg/pgR6zA8A

In case you can't join, please PM me and I'll send you a link. Enjoy the chapter!

~End A/N~

After they had captured the elf alchemist-turned-zombie, Haleth had ordered his guards to take her to a chamber to try and get information out of her. How he was going to do that considering she didn't have a lower jaw to talk, Percy didn't know but he was sure the elven king had something up his sleeve. As for them, Haleth had announced that there was to be a feast in honor of their group being the first non-nature spirits to arrive in Pangea along with a witness of Pan. The son of Poseidon was apprehensive about that since he didn't like parties that much, especially parties with him being the main guest but it seemed Jason, Will, and the hunters really wanted to stay for the night. He couldn't blame them for their eagerness. The city was really something else, on par with Olympus in terms of beauty and bigger than both the Golden City and New Rome in size. Not to mention that the people of the city seemed to be friendlier now to them. If that was because of Lyah or her father ordering them to, he didn't know or really care. As long as his friends were safe and having fun, that was all that mattered. Seeing them around the fifty-foot table, eating various foods, and dancing to music, it seemed they most definitely were.

"Look at him!" Jason and Thalia drunkenly laughed, pointing over at Percy who was the last one sitting at the table. Percy flipped them off but couldn't help his own smirk to stretch across his face. The reason they were laughing at him was because as a witness of Pan, there were certain customary measures to be taken, namely being dressed in a multitude of flower wreaths and necklaces. There had been so many wrapped around him that he looked more like a colorful caterpillar rather than a witness of Pan. He didn't dare take them off, however, to not disrespect the people or King of Pangea. Nature spirits, although kind, were not to be angered. Percy knew that firsthand from countless times of dealing with them.

"Want me to stick an arrow up their asses." Artemis said, taking a seat next to him. The demigod turned to her with difficulty since all the flowers restricted his movement. Looking at her, he could see that she too was laughing but was trying her best to hold it in.

'You too? Really?" He replied, causing the Goddess to burst out laughing. Leaning over, she gave him a deep hug, nuzzling into his neck. "You're just so cute!"

Percy stiffened, daring not to move a muscle. He could smell the alcohol in her breath as she continued to lean her entire body against him. Thankfully, the flowers acted as a barrier between him and her, not allowing him to feel all of Artemis. Looking over at the Hunters who were thankfully distracted, he tried to push her away but that only caused her to strengthen her grip on him.

"Artemis, you need to get off of me before your girls see." He said into her ear, causing the Goddess to shiver.

"Why?" She whispered solemnly.

"What do you mean why? You're The maiden goddess who hates men. What will your hunters do if they see us like this." He replied. Although he was on good terms with the hunters, he really didn't want to incur their wrath today. He might've had the curse of Achilles but that didn't mean there weren't ways for them to kill him.

"They love you, it's fine." She drunkenly whispered nonchalantly. This was Percy Jackson, the greatest demigod in all of history. Everyone loves him. Why shouldn't she?