Chapter 13 : A New Ally

Some of y'all are mad that Percy didn't use his powers before Hazel was killed and all I gotta say is are you a fucking idiot. Did you not read the story? I specifically wrote that if he were to use his powers beforehand not only would the cyclops take them all out before he had a chance but also Ares would stop them. If Artemis hadn't come in they'd all be dead. That was the only chance they had at having a shot to fight back and not lose as many people. Fucking think people instead of thinking that Percy is the most powerful and quick thinking person. This isn't a fanfic where the MC is a perfect person who makes the right calls all the time.

Also think about how the others are feeling at the moment not only watching their friend die gruesomely but now seeing their other friend basically become a monster himself. Their emotions are haywire at the moment. They have a right to feel scared. If you can't understand that then maybe don't have the IQ of a fucking rock. My job isn't to write down word for word how the characters are feeling. You have to interpret that yourself. That's what makes reading so fun.

"War is the easy part. Knowing your enemy is the hard part."

"No, Blake! I want that slab of marble next to the pillar!" Annabeth commanded a son of Ares who was carrying a slab of marble the size of a small car. Sighing at the stress of her work, the daughter of Athena walked inside the now almost finished temple of Zeus. The cool air relieved her as she was finally able to escape Apollo's rays. Sitting down against a white pillar, she inspected the temple that was the toughest to build. Zeus had wanted his temple to be the biggest and most grandiose, which would've been easy had it not been for her having to oversee eleven more temples that were also being constructed. It was a lot of work as it is but having to be the planner and organizer of both the temples and demigods was certainly testing her limits. She wished her mother would've stayed behind to help but she had basically bolted after she had said she would oversee construction. That irritated her more than she cared to admit but what could she do? Athena was a busy Goddess who had enough on her plate as it is. Surely her leaving was her way of conveying that she believed her daughter could handle this, right?

"Hey, Annabeth! Some Ares and Hermes kids are brawling next to Hera's temple!"

Sighing at the audacity of some demigods to fight next to the temple of the most vengeful Olympian, the daughter of Athena made her way out of the cool temple and back into the blistering heat to break up the fight. Before she could make her way over however, a golden flash interrupted her pace, causing her to stop in her tracks. Rubbing the spots out of her eyes, she soon opened them to reveal the messenger God, Hermes, standing proudly in front of his temple.

"Lord Hermes." She quickly knelt before him, causing the other demigods to follow in tow. The God looked down at her with a smile as he helped her back to her feet.

"The temples look great, Annabeth. Good job. I can already feel the power flowing in me." The God said, shivering slightly which made her cringe but she didn't dare show it. Instead, she gave him her thanks and asked what business he had at Camp Half-Blood.

"I'm afraid it's not good news, Annabeth. Terrible news in fact." Hermes said, sadly shaking his head as he tightly gripped a golden parchment in his hand, presumably the message he was here to deliver. It even looked as if he was mad at the message he had to deliver, something that almost scared her. Hermes never had a mad look on his face, nor did he ever really take the time to read the messages he delivers so whatever it was, it must be serious. "Annabeth, I must take this to Chiron who will then order the campers to gather at the pavilion. Will you assist and gather the demigods?" The God asked in which she immediately complied.

Making her way across camp, she went door to door at every cabin, telling every camper to stop what they're doing and to make their way to the pavilion. This took close to an hour to do as camp had grown significantly larger over the years. More and more demigods come through the barrier every day and it seemed in consequence that the camp was being filled to its limit. She wouldn't be surprised if her next construction project was to expand camp.