Chapter 26 : The Truthful Lie

It was only a couple hours after he had declared they would be going to war against Olympus but Percy was already feeling exhausted with the ramifications of that. So much went on in the background besides the battlefield such as logistics, planning, and organizing, it was almost too much for any of them to handle but thankfully they had a couple of wars already under their belt.

"It's great and all that you want to defeat my father, Perseus, but I must ask with what army? With what weapons? With what allies?" Artemis questioned him as she waded her feet against the running river. The original demigods that came with him to Alaska shared the Goddess's concerns as they sat around the son of Poseidon at the river bank, looking at him for his reply.

"Yes, Percy, I share Artemis's concern. You don't even have your camp rebuilt yet you want to go to war against the most powerful force on Earth. Surely you see that you'll be squashed like a bug." Hecate pitched in from his side.

The demigod in question knew just how crazy they must've thought he was and with good reason. They were all right with their concerns. This was suicidal to go to war against Zeus. But maybe, just maybe, they had an inkling of a chance to win if the plan he was formulating worked. It was a big if and it rode all on his potential allies to join their side but if they did...they could have a chance.

"I have a few favors to cash in. I'll use them to get the camp back into shape. It shouldn't take long to rebuild properly if all goes well." He replied.

"That doesn't answer our concern with the war. Just how-"

"If you'll let me finish." Percy pointedly said, giving a slight glare before continuing.

"As for the war, I'm going to cash in another favor to my friend Grover. He's on the council of elders who oversee the new demigods being brought to camp. If I can convince him, we can bring all the new demigods to this camp and cut off any new numbers to Zeus's forces."

"That's actually...smart." Hecate replied with a little hesitation.

"But I thought you didn't want to force people into wars and quests?" Katie exclaimed from her spot against Travis's shoulder.

"And I won't." Percy answered immediately. "Anyone who doesn't want to fight won't be on the battlefield. However, they will be trained in case they ever need or want to fight."

"That's great and all Perce but what about weapons and supplies? We have nothing."

"I'm sure my father can supply us with some. I'll also get Hephaestus to pitch in if he agrees."

"I'll help you with him. He can be a little...well you've dealt with him before. You know how he is." Leo replied.

"But that doesn't answer-"

"Guys!" Percy annoyedly interrupted, rubbing the back of his neck in agitation. "Trust me on this, whatever your concerns are, I'm already thinking of solutions. I know what needs to be done and what's at stake. Just give me a little bit of time to formulate all this stuff. We literally just decided we're fighting not even a couple of hours ago."

"We're just trying to help, Perce." Jason muttered, looking at him with electric eyes.

"I know." The son of Poseidon tiredly rubbed his face. "I know. Just-Can you all just give me some time alone? There's a lot to think about. I need to clear my head before we start planning and putting stuff into action"

The demigods looked at one another in slight concern before one by one leaving. It wasn't until they were out of earshot that he let out the exhausted groan he had been holding in. He knew they were just trying to help and voice their concerns but his mind just needed a minute. It had been through so much in such a short amount of time, his sanity was beginning to slip. He could feel it and it wouldn't be too much longer until Frank or even the others saw it again. He needed to sleep which was something he hadn't gotten much of admittedly. His mother's voice constantly whispered inside his head. He could see his dead friends looking at him from the woodline across the valley. Their cold, dead eyes stared at him wherever he went. It wouldn't be too long now until he heard their voices as well.