Chapter 33 : Old Quests Revisited

The next morning, before the sun was even above the horizon, Percy was up and ready to go. He had packed his bag with two weeks' worth of supplies and enough ammo for his pistol to last him at least a couple of gunfights. Hopefully, it wouldn't have to come down to that but it was better to be safe than sorry. The hunters could be anywhere in America and with that came countless dangers from monsters, enemy demigods to even Olympians. His plan however was that when Artemis was back in the inner states, her powers would return. When that occurred, they should be able to locate the hunters pretty quickly and get them back to camp before Olympus was alerted. But that was only if things went according to plan and if his years of experience meant anything, plans never went accordingly.

Knocking on Artemis's bedroom door, he expected her to come out ready to go but after waiting for some time and no response, he didn't really know what to do. Should he continue to sit out here and wait? No, if he did that then they were going to be burning daylight. But if he went inside her room while she could be in a "vulnerable" state, then that would only mean his death. Powers or not, Artemis was still a very dangerous woman. But the thought of the hunters, especially Thalia's, lives on the line spurred him into action. Opening the door softly, he was greeted by a familiar sight. Her room was decorated similarly to that of her tent that he had entered years before. Animal heads, pelts, and antlers littered her walls. Her room smelt of pine and a faint hint of burning wood. It was intoxicating, almost putting him to sleep had it not been for the soft breathing coming from underneath a bundle of blankets.

Quietly walking over, he poked the bundle a couple of times, hoping that would do the trick but sadly to no avail.

"Artemis. Hey, Artemis, wake up." He whispered but once again no reply. Clicking his tongue in annoyance, he started to shove her around. That seemed to work a little bit as the Goddess started to mummer slightly.

"S-Stop it." She groaned out, her hand desperately waving in the air. Somehow she had managed to get ahold of him around the collar of his shirt before bringing him down into the bed with her. Percy almost yelped as he tried to get out of her grasp but somehow the woman still had enough strength to bring him down even while sleeping. He had no time to react before she threw the covers over him as well, cocooning him in the bed's warmth. Once again, he could smell pine and burning wood fill his nostrils, this time more amplified. He did his best to slap himself out of this daze but with Artemis's warmth flooding over his body and her scent intoxicating him, he found it extremely difficult to move. The situation only worsened when she cuddled up against his chest, her breath softly caressing his skin. He tried to control his heart rate and breathing but nothing was working. It got even crazier when he realized that the Goddess liked to sleep in the nude, her figure and assets clearly evident against his skin.

Percy was finding it very hard to take control of the situation, in more ways than one if he was being honest. He couldn't control that though. He was a man who hadn't had any interaction with a female in that way for quite some time so this was only natural. He only wished it was some other girl and not a Goddess who was known for killing men for just looking at her in the wrong way. That thought spurred him into action as he tried to slowly and carefully get out of her grasp. But as he tried to move Artemis, even though she was asleep, seemed to realize what he was trying to do. Every inch he backed away, she would only move closer to him until eventually they were at the bed's edge.

Looking back frantically, he realized the only chance he had to get out of here alive was to make a break for it and get off quickly. Biting his cheek he counted to three before trying to fling himself out of her grasp but once again, Artemis prevailed. She grabbed ahold of the back of his neck as he was about to fling himself which sent the both of them flying off the bed.