Chapter 16 : An Ordinary Morning In The Valley

"Do not settle for anything less than greatness."

Five Months Later

"How could you leave me!?"

"You left your own mother. You left your sister!"

"Never show your face here again, Perseus!"

"You left me to die!"

"You should die!"

"Die!"

"Die!

"DIE!"

With a strangled gasp the son of Poseidon awoke to a barely rising sun on the horizon. The soft, orange rays leaking through his window to signal the start of a new day. Turning to his side with a groan, Percy rubbed his tired eyes as he tried to forget the voices that always tormented him in his sleep. They always do that to him when he's sleeping. He's tried everything but not even drowning copious amounts of alcohol would stop the voices. Mom, Paul, Chiron, Annabeth, his dead friends, he heard them all. He's even seen them too in the corner of the eye.

"Why?" Percy cradled his head. "Why are you still here!? What do you want from me!?" He asked into the air. Obviously receiving no response and probably won't anytime soon, the demigod took a moment to gather himself before he got up from his bed and prepared for the new day.

Brushing his teeth and putting on a pair of blue jeans, a black hoodie, and leather hiking boots, he opened the door of his cabin and was greeted by the beautiful image of the valley. Birds chirping high into the sky, the soft wind brushing against his face, the smell of the pines, and the sound of the now unfrozen river rushing downstream. It was simply breathtaking, something he had never seen before coming here. It was a little too chilly for his likeness but that's because winter had just passed by. It was a little difficult surviving in the Alaskan wilderness especially in the harshest of seasons, but they prevailed.

Thankfully, Travis and Connor had stumbled upon an actual road that led them to a small town called Pine Woods, home to just a couple hundred people. Percy smiled as he remembered the brother's shocked faces as they came running back hollering about finding civilization. Thanks to the town, they were able to get enough supplies to survive the winter. From new clothes, food, tools, they had everything they needed to survive and prosper.

Still within his thoughts, the demigod made his way over to the river that was rushing rapidly at this point in the season thanks to the melted ice. Sitting down, he opened up a few protein bars and listened to the sounds of the water as he stared up at the mountains that surrounded him.

"Morning, Percy!" A voice called out to him from across the river. Turning his head, he found Emily waving at him as she carried a basket filled with what looked to be strawberries. Returning the gesture, he watched as she disappeared into the big house, they had built a few months prior. Yeah, they copied the name from the original one back at Camp Half-Blood, so what? Anyway, there was another thing he forgot to mention. Now that they had a home, it was time to bring in new demigods. Currently, they had well over thirty demigods living in the valley now thanks to Grover and his satyr friends. He had asked his old friend through their empathy link to help him out and bring any new demigods that they had stumbled upon to the valley.

Grover at first was apprehensive which was understandable considering he was basically helping out an enemy of Olympus but thankfully years of friendship prevailed. Of course, there were drawbacks to this. They couldn't bring too many demigods into the valley because it would draw suspicion as to why the satyrs weren't bringing in new campers like they were ordered to. And the ones they did bring to Alaska were given the choice to stay or go to Camp Half-Blood after being told who exactly lived in the valley.