Chapter 20 : Welcome To Camp Freedom

Darkness. That was the only thing Fletcher's mind could comprehend. He couldn't see or feel anything, just an endless abyss his brain could barely register. He supposed that was a good thing considering that there were no dreams to experience. But that didn't make the situation any better. The darkness was suffocating in a sense even though it felt as if he were floating. It was hard to explain but he just hoped he could get out of here soon. Being confined like this was something he hoped to never feel again once he woke up.

"If you wake up."  The small voice in the back of his head said, making him cringe at the words. It was right though. There was no telling if or when he would be able to escape this blackness. He couldn't remember much about how he ended up here in the first place. There were flashes of images that darted across his mind such as evil, red eyes peering into his soul from the trees, jumping off a cliff and the silhouettes of two people looming over him. That was all he could remember much to his annoyance. As time went on, the demigod who was still trying to remember past events failed to realize that the darkness around him was slowly receding, revealing a soft light that seemed to glow.

"Wha?" He heard himself speak, his voice sounding hoarse and slurred. The light glowed brighter and brighter, urging him to walk towards it. As he got closer he could hear the faint sound of people speaking. There were also the sounds of birds chirping, water flowing, and the pounding of a hammer on something. The noise was practically against his ear once he was directly in front of the light before he slowly stuck his hand into it. Immediately his vision swirled to that of a different scene. Now he was in some sort of room with white curtains around him. They billowed softly against the wind that came from an open window. Rubbing his eyes to get rid of the crust, he realized that this wasn't a dream. He was actually awake!

Turning his head, he found a glass of water on the nightstand next to him. Grabbing and downing it in milliseconds, he took a moment to familiarize himself with his surroundings. He could still hear the sound of a hammer pounding against something which was really starting to annoy him. Getting up from the bed, he tried to walk towards the window to see where he was but once he put weight on his leg he immediately fell down causing the glass cup on the nightstand to fall and shatter.

"Fuck!" He grimaced in pain as he looked down at his foot. It seemed a little swollen and red, probably bruised from the fall at the cliff. Wait? Didn't he break it when he fell? Why and how in the hell was it back to normal already!? Raising his forearm, the demigod inspected it as he remembered what damage he had sustained from that night. To his amazement it too was healed, with only a little swolness.

"How in the hell?" He asked in utter fascination before he was interrupted by the door opening to his room.

"Everything ok!?" A girl called out as she barged in quickly. Fletcher's eyes almost shot out of his head as he looked up at the girl. Beautiful blue eyes, sleek blonde hair, pale skin that practically glowed. Now there were some beauties back in his hometown but they didn't have a shot against this girl. Realizing that he was being a weirdo just staring at her he quickly blurted out a reply.

"Ah...errrrr?" His voice failed him, making him cringe at how stupid he sounded.

"Great dumbass, you already messed up the introduction! With how you sounded, you should just go into a retirement home considering your brain is already failing you."

"When I did an analysis on you, I didn't see any brain damage that could impair speech. Should I check one more time?" The girl said more to herself than to him as she began to walk towards him.

'Sorry, my voice...is hoarse. It's just difficult to speak." He replied quickly as he tried to get back up. Staggering under his weight, the girl quickly sneaked an arm under his as she helped him back on the bed.