Chapter 36 : The City of Nature

~A/N~ PLEASE READ! As I'm currently writing this chapter fanfiction has been down for quite some time. I can't access stories, reviews, or stats. I don't know if I can even upload chapters but I suppose I'll find out once I'm done with this one. In case this ever happens again, I implore you to go to my Wattpad which is IIAPOLLYII. I upload new chapters there simultaneously with FFN. I'm also more active with the community there too. However, I have been made aware of a Discord for fanfiction and I'm trying to be even more proactive on there. If you'd like to join and hangout here's the link-

discord.gg/elibrary

Enjoy the chapter!

~End A/N~

He didn't know how long he had slept. He didn't care really. He needed the rest, paperwork be damned. Three weeks of endless searching throughout the continental U.S. and a day of civil unrest inside of camp would have anyone wanting to just lay in bed and forget about all the shit in the world. Yawning, he stretched his legs and sat up in his seat, looking around at the dimly lit office. It seemed it was evening time which meant dinner would be served soon at the pavilion. He probably should go there and try to eat something since he didn't remember the last time he had a proper meal in the last three weeks. Sadly, however, he couldn't bring himself to it. Although his stomach growled for warm food, his heart wouldn't allow it. A broken heart was strange, foreign to the body, and did things you wouldn't think it could but here he was, sitting in his chair staring blankly out the window.

He wished Athena had never shown that video to him. He wished he could just erase it from his mind and still think of Annabeth in a favorable, unfiltered light. He only wanted to remember the good. But a small part of him, that he kept deep inside and didn't let out, was glad that she had shown the video. He was glad to finally get closure, something he rarely ever got in traumatic situations. Now that he knew Annabeth wasn't waiting for him, he could move on. His loyalty to her and the Gods was gone which was something he never thought possible.

He remembered Athena telling him years ago that his fatal flaw would bring the end of the world. He didn't know what she meant back then considering he thought his flaw was a good thing. But now, after everything that has happened, he understood. He would give up everything to save a friend which was exactly what he did. He gave up a luxurious life as the hero of Olympus because of his friends. And now because of that, the world would soon be thrown into peril. Destiny sure was strange.

"Percy, you in there?" He could hear Jason ask from behind the door. Making sure that he was presentable and there weren't any tear stains on his face, he called out for his cousin to enter.

"I showed the girls around camp. They freakin love it." The son of Jupiter said as he took a seat across from him.

"Artemis is now showing where they'll stay at. They don't like living with other demigods, especially the guys, on the same floor as them but they'll just have to get used to it."

"I'm sure that'll bring even more problems into camp." Percy said, rubbing his temple. He would have to have a conversation with Artemis later to make sure that the hunters would act accordingly. He knew just how riled up they could get.

"But that's a problem for another day. For now, we need to focus on your problem."

"M-My problem?" Jason questioned, putting a hand on his chest.

"Yes, your problem." Percy nodded. "Although I know that Luther was a spy, his words are still true. You aren't giving these new campers a shot at assimilating with the others."

"W-What? Percy come on now." He scoffed, causing the son of Poseidon to raise his hand to stop any excuses.

"I saw you that night when I offered them to join our ranks. You, along with others, left without saying a word to them. You didn't welcome them. You didn't even give them a glance."