Chapter 11 : Weeping Sky

"Do whatever you have to do to survive. Even if it means cutting out the last string of humanity you have left."

"Long time no see, Perseus. Let's have a chat."

Percy stopped running as he noticed the towering God of war before him with his broadsword slung over his shoulder. Piper and Hazel were both kneeling on the ground in front of him, bruised and battered but otherwise fine. Percy's nerves eased at the sight of them. Training his eyes upwards at Ares, the son of Poseidon leveled his sword at the God. The others behind him did the same as they prepared to face off against the Olympian.

"You've fucked up, Mars. Coming all the way out here to the Godless land with your weakened powers to fight us." Jason taunted, lightning flashing in his eyes. He wasn't one to do the taunting like Percy always did but when he spotted his girlfriend and the state she was in, all honor was thrown out the window.

"Mars isn't here, child." Ares sadistically smirked, eyeing the demigods like a wolf would to its prey. "Just the devil."

Silence ensued as they all stared at Ares's menacing red eyes, the only sound being the raindrops heavily hitting the God of war's armor. Percy gripped his sword tightly as a million thoughts raced through his head. How did Ares find them so quickly? He thought they would've had more time to be prepared but it seemed fate had other ideas. It doesn't matter though. They could take on Ares. His powers should be weakened and with the other guys to help, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Idly swinging his sword, the son of Poseidon approached his longtime rival, prepared to finish the match they had all those years ago on the beach.

"You sure you want to do this, Ares? You might fade if I kill you off here. Do you really want to take that chance against me?" Percy returned an equally sadistic smirk, his green eyes flashing a dangerous poison color. Ares clicked his tongue in annoyance at the demigod's insolence but refused to move from his position. He knew that Jackson and the other demigods could take him on equally, considering just how much power he's lost since being here. And the sea God's brat was right. Who knew what would happen to his immortality if he were to lose. Looking down at the demigoddess before him however, he knew that there was still a way to win this fight. Screw honor, he needed to win no matter the method.

"We're not gonna fight, Jackson. I have other methods for beating you. " Ares responded, leveling his broadsword at Hazel's neck. The poor girl looked to be on the verge of hyperventilating as she desperately looked at her group of friends for help. Frank gripped his weapon tightly as he watched the women he loved be at the mercy of his so-called father. He wanted to charge and absolutely murder the piece of shit but knew he shouldn't. Percy had a better chance at beating Ares and until he gave the command he wouldn't do anything no matter how much he disliked it.

"I knew you were a coward but to do this? It's embarrassing for the so called God of war." Percy growled, not daring to move an inch in fear of Ares actually slitting Hazel's throat. This was a difficult situation they were in. Ares had him at a deadlock and he knew it. Any other situation, the God and he would've already traded blows.

"Percy. We can still take him and save Hazel and Piper. Just give the word." Nico whispered behind him. The son of Poseidon could sense the heavy unease and anticipation in Nico's voice. He couldn't lose another sister. He didn't want to go through that pain again and would do anything to prevent it. Percy cracked his neck in annoyance at the tough situation. One wrong move and they were done. This journey would end with them dead at Ares's feet. Looking at his friends who all seemed scared to their wits' end however, he knew he would do anything to keep them alive and happy. If that meant taking on the God of war so be it. And so with a subtle nod of his head in reply to Nico, the group of men all prepared to fight for their lives and saved the women they loved.