||Chapter 18||

-Author's POV-

Cheryl rinses out the last of the dishware. The contestants had finally gone home, and she'd mentally gone with them. She couldn't seem to get the teen out of her head, the green eyes painting light Browns around the dark pupil, they were the most beautiful iris she'd ever seen.

Kimberley quietly comes into the kitchen and leans against the doorframe, she watches her wife get lost in her own thoughts.

"Whatcha thinking about?" The husky tone brings the Geordie out of her world.

"Hmm?" Cheryl smiles and rinses the last of the plates, and sets them into the dishwasher. She suddenly is unable to meet Kimberley's eyes, afraid the blonde would see into her mind.

"What are you thinking about?" Kimberley repeats; making her way over to the Geordie and handing her a rose she'd picked out from their garden.

"Thank you," Cheryl smiles and smells the flower. "And nothing." She shrugs, playing with the delicate petals.

"Alright," Kimberley smiles uncertainly, "I'm going to run us a bath, does that sound good to you?"

Cheryl finally meets her wife's eyes.

"I'm sorry," She sighs and sets the rose down on the counter.

"What are you apologizing for?" Kimberley laughs lightly and draws Cheryl into a hug.

The brown orbs flutter shut to the contact, she melts into her wife's arms.

"I just.." Her thoughts are running wild. "I feel weird."

"Weird?" Kimberley questions with a pout.

"Mhm," She hums against the blonde's chest. "Can we get really deep tonight?"

"We can get as deep as you like," Kimberley chuckles and releases the hug. "Let me run that bath, and grab a bottle of wine first?"

Cheryl nods with a small smile.

"Sounds lovely." Kimberley gives her wife a lingering kiss and heads up to their master ensuite, getting their bath ready.

---

Madison lies awake that night, Cheryl's words repeating in her mind, it wasn't her Mum's words this time.

This feels weird. The teen ponders to herself; she rolls over and faces the wall, her finger traces imaginary patterns to the coolness of her duvet.

She sighs.

You're letting them in too easy. Madison scolds herself, Kimberley and Cheryl have eased into her world, the concealed and protected world she'd shielded herself in, the world only a few had ever touched base with.

Again she sighs.

Her hands fumble around in search for the phone vibrating away.

2 New Messages.

Mum: See you tomorrow night x

She smiles at her Mum's text, it's short and simple and she wished she would get more than what she'd received. But, she doesn't complain, she never complained. She replies with a 'Me too' and an 'I love you'

She opens the other message; this time, Cheryl had messaged her privately.

Cheryl: Good luck tomorrow sweets😘❤️😍 xx

The smile stays in place, even growing wider at the sweet message. She replies with a 'Thank you' she wasn't going to let it be known how she was feeling, how her heart fluttered and thumped wildly, or how the butterflies would suddenly erupt at a simple text from the Geordie.