|| Chapter 79 ||

-Author's POV-

Awakening of the soul, awakening of the heart and mind. Madison rouses the following morning, dreading in thought of how her day would roll through. The first tear slips down the ends of her eyes, already expecting the gloom to progress quicker than her mind could comprehend such sad liquid pooling between her collarbones.

She sighs. Allowing every tear to be known, she doesn't discourage her sadness, in fact, Madison takes in every emotion.

Memories. That's all she had left of Christopher, and that's all that will remain.

~~~~~

Madison giggles, biting her lower lip in hopes to keep her loud behavior suppressed.

"If you don't keep it down we'll be caught." Christopher hisses, giving his younger sister a playful shove to the shoulder.

"Okay.. Okay." She huffs, helping him collect a few blankets and pillows to keep them warm for the night.

A young thirteen-year-old Madison follows her older brother, keeping close and unknowingly holding her breath until she was out of the large home safely.

"Where are we going?" She finally speaks, much louder this time.

The twilight night settles with calmness, a tranquil ambiance eases comfort into their world. They both loved the stars that twinkled in vibrancy above, but they also loved the flowers that would flourish in beauty every sunrise.

"You'll see—"

"Well I'm not just going to follow you blindly—"

"Mad-Cap, you'll love it. Just let it be a surprise for once." He huffs, hoisting the small telescope box hidden beneath the blanket he'd been cradling throughout their nightly walk.

"Can we listen to some Beyoncé?" She asks, managing to pull out her phone and play a few knowing tunes.

"Couldn't stop you even if I wanted to." He chuckles, finding the young teen adorable. "You know back in my time—"

"When dinosaurs were still alive—"

"You cheeky little—"

"Madison."

They share a laugh, "You know for a thirteen year old you'd think you would play with Barbie's and... What do girls your age do anyways?"

"Beats me." She giggles, "I'm not into that.. Do you not like me sharing the same interests as you?" She asks, unsure if she wanted to hear the answer.

He smiles, "I think you're a very mature, immature, crazy, loving, over the top teen.. I wouldn't have you any another way, and the fact you share the same interest's as me is the cherry on the cake to it all."

She smiles, her heart rate fires up to the skies and blasts across the darkened heavens.

~~~~~~

Madison returns to a reality filled with tears and inaudible weeps. She'll never forget that night, and how Christopher brought the stars to life with each glance through the mini telescope he surprised her with.

She wipes away the tears, forces herself out of bed and walks herself over to the floor length windows; absorbing the sunrays inviting themselves into her grand bedroom.

She smiles, glad the sunshine was out, and it was the first year on Christopher's anniversary that the rain didn't overtake the skies.

Her head turns quickly back to the sound of soft knocks echoing against the large oak door.