|| Chapter 142 ||

Author's POV

Madison enters the mansion, not really concerned with what her parents would have to say. She felt drained, emotionally that day. It had been a long, emotional evening. The Teen could feel a sense of relief lifting off her shoulders after seeing Clara... Everything just felt right during the moments she spent with her.

She sighs, closing the large front door, gently, not wanting to startle anyone.

"Madison?" Cheryl comes out to the foyer, "Where have you been?" She asks, unimpressed.

Madison shrugs, attempting to walk past her Mam, but failing as usual.

"I'm really not in the mood for games," Cheryl sighs. "Please just tell us where you were."

"I was doing drugs." The Teen rolls her eyes.

"No you haven't, now tell us where you were."

"I went out for breakfast." She says honestly, "But, rest assure, that didn't last long."

"Why is that?"

Madison laughs, "Wouldn't you like to know – can you please move."

"No."

"Move!" Madison pushes past her Mam, only to run into her Mum.

"Alright, buddy, come on." Kimberley grabs a hold of her daughter, throwing her over one shoulder and walking them into the living room, a kicking and screaming Madison makes sure to cause some action.

"PUT ME DOWN!"

"Stop shouting and I might."

Madison grits her teeth, "Put me down!"

"Ask nicely now." Kimberley teases, holding her daughter in place.

"No!"

"Looks like we're going to be here all day."

Madison huffs, "Please put me down."

"That's better." Kimberley sets her down gently on the sofa. "So, you gonna—" She stops mid-sentence, noticing the bruising on her daughters left cheek.