||Chapter 45||

-Author's POV-

She's rushing barefooted; her heart rate is off the walls, bouncing and retreating back to her heaving system. Her breathing echoes in the abandoned building, the sun begins to set just as she arrived. Sunrays ease through the corridors, giving her a bit of guidance.

"Fcuk!" She winces, broken glass jabs into the sole of her foot. She forces herself not to cry, hopping on one foot; she just about manages to find the sofa placed in the middle of her sanctuary.

Madison always found her thoughts in this large place, without a soul in sight she releases them to the emptiness. In some crazy world, she'd hoped someone would talk to her, and give her the answers she'd been looking for.

"What do I do?" She asks the darkness, her eyes fixate to the tarnished panel windows. "Tell me what to do?"

She sighs and settles back into the sofa.

------

Kimberley stops her wife from hurrying out of the Harris home, quickly grasping her hand and forcing her into place.

"Let go!" She shouts, "I have to go find her!" Her teeth grit in rage.

"We don't know where she went-"

"Doesn't fcuking matter!" Cheryl's anger has reached its peak, lacing with worry for her daughter.

"Do you want her then?" Clara gets the couples attention, "You want her? She's just hard work, always running off when theres a problem, she'll only drive you crazy-"

"Shut your fcuking mouth!" Cheryl turns around and meets Clara's smug expression. "Why are you doing this? You know she's happy with us-"

"She doesn't know what she wants! She's fifteen for crying out loud-" Connor steps in.

"Girls," He tries to be calm, "Let's sit down-"

"I'm going to go look for me daughter-"

"Where are you going to look?" Clara growls, "You wouldn't even know where to start!"

A memory suddenly invades Cheryl's mind.

There's this place I go to, it's a building by Christopher's grave.. It's the graveyard a few miles away from my house.

"Where is the nearest graveyard?" She asks, taking everyone by surprise.

"A what-"

"A fcuking graveyard!"

"It's just a few miles down that way," Connor points left, and that's all Cheryl needed to be told.

"Where are you going?!" Kimberley runs after her wife, Cheryl never stops to answer, running straight out of the home and heading directly to the Range Rover.

"Cheryl!" Kimberley holds the car door as she goes to slam it, "Where are you going!?"

The Geordie takes a deep breath before answering, "I'm going to go get our daughter-"

"You don't even know where she is-"

"Yes I do!" Cheryl speaks with determination, "Please let us just go-"

"Let me come with you." Cheryl shakes her head to Kimberley's words.

"Can I just go by meself? Please-"

"You're going to leave me here with these fcuking weirdos-"

"Please baby," She pleads, "Let us just do this."

Kimberley releases the car door she'd been gripping.

"Okay," She steps back. "Here" Reaching into her pocket, and hands Cheryl the keys.