|| Chapter 160 ||

Thank you for the 200k reads!

Author's POV

"It's coming together nicely, don't you think?" Joan asks, standing beside her granddaughter as the workers moved in her new bedroom, along with all the little bits and bobs that came with it.

"Yeah, I really wanted this color." Madison sighs, she wasn't sure why, but her mood had dropped.

Joan takes notice of the Teens sudden mood change, already having an idea what it maybe about.

"You alright?" She asks.

Madison looks at her Nan and shrugs, returning her attention back to the movers making the ruckus.

"You know you can talk to us, right?"

"You've not got my trust that easily—"

"Didn't realize there was a meter. What am I now? Still in the yellow zone?" Joan jokingly asks.

"Red."

"Damn. Ah well, don't worry love, you're in me black zone—"

"What the hell is a black zone?"

Joan shrugs, walking away.

"What is it!?" Madison shouts, getting no response.

The Geordie was wiser and much cheekier than the little sh*t.

Madison groans, trying to stay put. She was growing impatient, wanting the men to just hurry up and throw her furniture anywhere. When her room finally did come together, it was more beautiful than she had anticipated or imagined.

"Looks good, eh?" Cheryl asks, her daughter, both taking it in. "I can still smell the paint."

"It's fine, I'll just open a window—"

"You're not sleepin' in here with the window opened, you'll get sick."

Madison shrugs.

"You're still mad at us?"