|| Chapter 170 ||

Author's POV

That following morning, Madison woke up with a new, refreshed outlook on life. She felt revived, although still very much annoyed with both of her parents. She felt as though she was living with two children, feeling like the adult more than those two put together.

She lies in bed for an hour, scrolling through her social medias and replying to a few messages, one message from Clara; explaining to her how she won't be able to see her this morning as she has other priorities to attend to.

Truth be told, she just didn't want to see her and Jamie. She wasn't sure if she had the energy for all of that right now, she just wanted silence.

There's a faint knock on the door, but she doesn't budge.

"Could you unlock your door please?" Cheryl sounds from the other side of the door.

Madison remains silent.

"Please, sweets?"

She rolls her eyes. 'oh, now she wants to talk to me' remembering last night and the way she was dismissed by the Geordie.

Cheryl sighs, "Just open the door, Maddy."

"I'm sleeping!" She shouts.

"It's noon. You're not sleeping! Open the door." Cheryl shakes the door knob.

"Well I am!" Madison rolls her eyes, tossing over.

It's silent, the sound of footsteps disappearing into the distant and soon returning to her door is echoed throughout the halls. This time, her door knob shakes and the sound of a key opening the large door gains access to her bedroom.

"Excuse me!" Madison jolts up in bed, "You can't do that!"

"Technically I can. You don't pay rent in this house, do you?" Cheryl lets herself in.

"Is that what you want me to do because I will?"

"Oh shush." Cheryl rolls her eyes, "With what money? You can't pay us for rent with me own money."

For some reason, that bothered Madison. "Don't be an ass."

"If I'm an ass then you're an ass." Cheryl sits down on the bed. "Are you mad because I told you to leave us alone last night?"

"I don't know, what do you think?" Madison rolls her eyes.

"I was only joking."

"Go joke with your wife."

Cheryl rolls her eyes, "God you're more hormonal than us."

"You can't blame your rotten attitude for your hormones every time. Who're you going to blame your attitude on when you give birth to them?" She challenges her Mam.

"I'll blame it on your disrespect!" Cheryl bites back.

"Well I get it from you—"

"Okay that's enough. Be quiet."

"Don't tell me to be quiet. You're the one that invited yourself into my space." Madison ones her up.

Cheryl rolls her eyes, standing to her feet. "Fine. Here I was going to invite you somewhere nice." She gets ready to walk away, expecting her daughter to stop her.