|| Chapter 131 ||

Author's POV

It was a holiday to remember, Madison mentally thinks, taking in the scene of her family sat on the beach late that night. The bonfire was going, they had dancers and artists playing their instruments for their entertainment. Dinner was served right before them on a long wooden table, placed perfectly atop of the sand.

She smiles, taking in the sight of their entertainment for the night.

They had men blowing fire from their mouths, dancers flipping and twisting, a man playing his tunes along with the rest of his bandmates. She doesn't remember a time when her holidays were spent like this. All she could recall was a lot of glares from Clara for acting out, and her father putting his hands up and not sticking up for her.

She wondered what Jamie was doing.

She missed him in this moment and wished he were here, enjoying his time with them. She also believed she was undeserving of her father's time, not after going behind his back and sleeping with his girlfriend.

Rita.

I wonder what she's doing. The thoughts were running through her mind and she had no end to stop them.

She jumps to the sound of her Mam's voice invading her mind.

"Are you okay?" The Geordie looks close at her daughter.

"Yeah... Why wouldn't I be?" Madison giggles, awkwardly placing a piece of hair behind her ear and focusing back to the entertainment.

Cheryl decides to drop it, wanting her daughter to enjoy her time. She settles back into the cushioned seats, wrapping an arm around the Teen and pulling her slightly in. Her brown eyes wander off to her wife, Kimberley, who was sat in the sand with her nephew placed in front of her.

She wanted their family to grow.

She just hoped Madison wouldn't be upset with it all, it was a gentle talk that needed to be done and it needed to be done when they returned home. This night was the last of their holiday, everyone enjoyed their week in the Caribbean, the sun beating down on them, leaving a sun kissed glow for all of England to envy.

Soon enough, the morning had come and the Tweedy-Walsh family was on their way to the airport, all wearing soft smiles and a longing wish to return to this piece of paradise.

"Maddy, will you sit next to us?" Cheryl asks, taking a seat beside her daughter in the waiting lounge as they wait for their airplane to board.

"Don't you want to sit by Mum?" She asks, confused. "Are you two fighting again?" She rolls her eyes, earning a giggling from the Geordie.

"No I just want to sit by you." Cheryl pouts, "You know." She smiles, "Every time we're in the airport I remember you and the first time we boarded a plane together—"

"You don't want to yell at me then?" The teen cheekily asks, a grin to her sun kissed face.

"Probably will in a few minutes if you keep up with that cheekiness." The mother gives her a playful light slap to her cheek, earning a giggle from her happy daughter. "Come on, that's our flight." Cheryl stands up and assists her daughter to walk beside her, both smiling from ear-to-ear as they board the full airplane. "Here we are." She guides the teen to sit on the window seat as she puts their belongings in the dash above.

Finally taking her seat in time.

"Ah." Cheryl sighs, a content smile to her lips. "That was a nice trip, no?"