|| Chapter 48 ||

-Author's POV-

Kimberley grasps the bags overflowing with her wife and daughter's requests. She huffs and puffs as she makes her way up the grand staircase leading to their royal-like front door.

She struggles to claim her key, but with another huff and agitated sigh she just about manages to unlock the door.

"Hello?" She calls out into the empty space, "Where are you girls?" She sounds again.

With a sigh, Kimberley keeps hold of the bags and walks out to the back garden.

There sat Cheryl and Madison, both girls giggling away.

This scene brings a smile to the blonde's face.

"Hey you two." Kimberley makes her presence known.

Madison is first to notice the blonde's company; she shoots off Cheryl and hurries over to her. Their smiles mirror; both thrilled to see each other.

It could have been days.

It could have been years.

Madison has never missed someone in such a way it brought blues to her happy aura.

"You're back early!" She jumps in her spot, "What's all this?" Her smile beams light and fires straight through Kimberley's heart.

"What?" Kimberley chuckles, "No hello's? You're just like your Mam over there" She narrows her eyes at the Geordie. "Just waiting to get your asks."

Madison's heart skips a beat to those words.

Mam.

She's my Mam.

"Hey now!" Cheryl stands to her feet and walks over to them, "I was waiting for me kisses actually." She gives her a cheeky wink.

"Whatever cheeky," Kimberley cackles, "Come on now," She nods her head to the messy garden table. "Let me give you's your requests before I get me head bitten off."

Cheryl laughs loudly.

"Baby," They follow close behind. "Your Geordie is showing."

"Yeah well I've been married to a Geordie for the past six years-"

"Uh-uh," Cheryl tuts. "Going on seven."

Madison smiles at their interaction with each other.

I wish Mum and Dad were like this.

Kimberley begins to pull out the items her wife and daughter had demanded.

"I've got Mel's famous smoothie here for ya," She hands her the fruit drink, "And biscuits, the cakes I'll leave in the bag because you're not having those until after dinner-"

"Aw!" Madison takes a long sip out of the drink. "I want some now." She whines.

Cheryl shakes her head at Kimberley, knowing exactly the control Madison had on the blonde.

"Erm," Kimberley averts her eyes from the green orbs, "After dinner." She forces herself to keep her word.

"But Kimba-"

"Madison," Cheryl uses her parenting skills. "After you've had your dinner-"

"You's are nothing but teases!" Madison huffs, "Why get me the bloody cakes if I cant have them now?!" Her eyebrows furrow, she takes another long gulp.

"Don't look at me like that." Kimberley's walls were currently crumbling to her daughters pout. "After dinner you can have some."

Madison rolls her eyes and sits down on the garden chair in response.