|| Chapter 169||

Author's POV

"Good night!" Madison waves off her friends, a smile remaining to her face as she closes the door that night.

"Did you have a good time?" Kimberley asks, walking out to the foyer where her daughter was still stood.

"Yeah." She smiles, "I missed you." She gives her Mum an unexpected hug, Kimberley is quick to return the cuddle.

"You okay?"

"Mhm." Madison hums, still holding onto her Mum. "Do you have work tomorrow?"

"Nope. I took the day off."

Madison's head shoots back, looking up at her Mum in surprise, "Really?" A smile growing to her expression.

"Mhm." Kimberley smiles. "Come on, let's go have a sit down in the Livingroom." They walk hand-in-hand, no words exchanged, nothing but pure love filling the silence.

Madison sits on her Mum's lap, loving the feel of Kimberley's fingers playing with her hair. She sighs.

"Come on, what's the matter?"

"What do you mean?" Madison looks at her Mum, always surprised when her parents can sense she wasn't being herself.

"Your mood is down."

Madison shrugs, still resting against her mother's chest.

"Did you not enjoy your time with your friends?"

"No, it was fun." She shrugs. "I don't know."

"You don't know... why you're upset?"

Madison nods.

Kimberley remains quiet, letting her daughter process the way she was feeling.

"I hate the papers."

Kimberley keeps silent.

"Everyone really thinks that you're never around and that Mam isn't the greatest." She sighs, "It's frustrating."

"I know, honey. But you shouldn't worry about what other people think—"

"I can't help it."

"I hate the papers too you know."

Madison nods, clinging close to her Mum.

"At some point it all just becomes white noise, you stop caring about what other people think because everything in your life is just so fcuking good. You don't stress over it. Living a happy, healthy and private life drives the papers mad. They don't want us to be happy. It's as if they want us to live this miserable and dark life." She tries her best at explaining their reality. "Are you not happy with this life?"

"Of course, I am. I haven't been happier." Madison says, honestly.

"So then why are you upset?"

"Because you guys shouldn't be drawn out as monsters."

"Not everyone believes that rubbish anyways."

Madison shrugs, "It's still annoying."

"I know. It doesn't last long. Before you know it, we'll be old news anyways."

Madison sighs, shuffling back into her Mum's arms. "Where's Mam?"

"She's upstairs having a strop."

This gets a giggle from the Teen, "Are youse fighting?"

"Well," Kimberley sighs. "She's upset I'm not all for the Vogue cover."

This gets Madison to abruptly sit up, "No Mum you have to, please." She pleads.

"I don't like being on the papers, Maddy."

"But you're not just on any paper. I don't want to do this alone." She whispers, "Please."

"Okay don't start crying now." Kimberley huffs, "I'm going to do it – BUT you're not allowed to ask me for anything else, ever again!" She can't help but smile, glad to see her daughter's smile and energy back.

"I better go tell Mam." Madison bursts with joy, running out of the front room and leaving a giggling Kimberley behind. "Mam!" She abruptly opens her parents' bedroom door, finding Cheryl sat on the bed flipping through the channels.

"Your friends already gone?"

Madison nods, climbing up on the bed beside her Mam. "You're upset?"

"No. Your Mum's just a pain in the arse."

Madison giggles, "She said she'd do it."

"Well I don't want to do it anymore!"

"Oh, come on."

"It's not always up to her."

"Well, she agreed to do it." Madison shrugs, "Don't fight over something that's not even worth fighting over."

"Who made you Dr. Phil?" Cheryl rolls her eyes, evidently in a mood.

Madison seemed to find this funny, she couldn't stop giggling and smiling at her Mam. "You're like a child when you're upset—"

"I'm not upset! Just, leave us alone." Cheryl huffs, shuffling away from her daughter.

Madison rolls her eyes and leaves her Mam be, returning down to her Mum. "She's a moody cow." She says straightaway, earning a laugh from her Mum.

"That's my wife." Kimberley beckons her daughter to sit beside her. "We don't need her anyways. Come on, let's pop a film on and have a girls' night just you and me."

Madison gladly cuddles back into her Mum, allowing the blonde to baby her.

"What do you think of another family trip?" Kimberley proposes.

"Like... The entire family?"

"Oh god no."

Madison internally sighs with relief, "It's not that it wasn't fun... I just, don't really like big groups."

"You and me both, Madz."

"Where did you want to go? I have my school break in about fourweeks."

"Well your Mam is due in four weeks so I don't know if that would work."

Madison sighs, rolling her eyes.

"I saw that."

"No, you didn't." Madison keeps her eyes glued to the television.

"Things aren't going to change, babe—"

"It's fine I don't even want to go on holiday."

Kimberley clears her throat but doesn't say anything, because deep down she knew that the family dynamic was going to change. Two babies, a teenager and everything else in between.

"Where are you going?" Kimberley asks, as her daughter abruptly stands to her feet.

"I'm tired. I'm going up to sleep—"

"Hey, come on." Kimberley stands too.

"No honestly. I'm tired. Good night." Madison heads up to her bedroom, making sure to lock the bedroom door behind her.

Kimberley is left in defeat; both her wife and daughter want nothing to do with her. She slumps back down into the sofa, and decides against pestering them to speak to her.

Madison runs herself a hot bath, needing to ease all the tension swarming through her mind. She sparks a few candles on, setting her playlist to play softly throughout her master bathroom.

She slips off her clothes, sighing as she settles into the warm water, instantly relaxing and setting goosebumps all throughout her skin. Her nipples erect, making her hands wander. She bites her lower lip, nearing closer and closer to her throbbing clit.