Chapter 1

I look over to Dave, the owner of the pub. I work alongside with him and he's the only one that even got a few small answers from me. Though most of the time, I tend to stay quiet. I hear him sigh as he passes a drink over to a man sitting by the side of the bar.

"I'm getting tired of doing the same thing everyday. I want something new, y'know?" I nod. "Seeing people get drunk everyday is tiring."

I use the rag and wipe clean a cup that I slide over to him and he pours some wine into it. A women walks over, takes it, and pays. She walks towards her table but stops short to look back over at him.

"I thought I ordered vodka?" She slurs and Dave sighs.

"I already told you, we don't have anymore vodka here at the moment that's why you ordered wine, remember?" With that she walks off, her steps a bit off. He looks at me with an exasperated look that I smile a little at.

"These people will be the end of me." He says simply and I return my gaze to the crowd of people in the pub as I wipe a cup clean. Of course a lot of people would be here, it's new years. Any time a holiday comes, the drunks come with it. I'm glad I don't work here alone though. Dave became a close friend with out me even having to say anything. He has a brotherly instinct to keep me safe as he somehow understands why I don't say much. He doesn't know what happened and I want to keep it that way. But he's respectful and understands why.

"I'm half tempted to close up early." He mutters as he pours the same man from earlier another glass. A few hours pass and the night grew long. Dave and I continued working through most of the people and then closed a bit sooner to clean up before bed. We passed a goodnight to each other before I went to my room upstairs. I rinsed off quickly in the shower since the water got cold quickly. Afterwards I get dressed and sit on the side of my bed opening up a message I got from my mom.

Hope your day went well, good luck❤

I smile at the message. The thought of what happened was signified in the message, but I pushed it away as I wrote her back. I set my phone down and went to turn the lamp off when I heard someone knock on the door. I stop short as panic rose a bit in me until I realized it wasn't the door. I glance over at the window and see a falcon. A peregrine falcon. My eyebrows cross in confusion as I make my way to the window. No one in the neighborhood owns one. Where did this one come from? The feathers were shaded a bit more darker then a normal falcon, but nonetheless beautiful. I kneel down in front of the window as I search over the bird, it's eyes wandering mine. I glance over to the door before back at the window. What's a falcon doing here? I was tempted to open the window when it tried to signal me to let them in, but I shake my head. I give the bird an apologetic look before I stand and make my way to the bed. The bird gave me a stubborn look that I couldn't help but smile a bit at.

What a very peculiar bird.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do I make too many stories? Yes. Do I even care? No.