Chapter 45

That night, Alma was busy setting up her new pocket watch and looked up when she heard me come in.

"Hey love." I say exhausted from the day and she smiles sitting the watch on her night stand.

"How's my little bird?" She asks and I smile as I move up on the bed with her, laying on my stomach and sitting my head on my arms on the pillow.

"Exhausted." I say. "How's my bluebird doing?"

"Better than ever, love." She says and places a soft kiss on my lips that I grin at. "Are the children still in bed?" She asks as she knows I was the last to lay down. I him a response, my eyes closed and she smiles.

"You better get some sleep. You never do." She says and I nod as I heard her turn her lamp off and bring the covers over us. I subconsciously move closer into her and her arms wrapped around me, bringing me warmth.

"I love you." I mumble sleepully and she kisses my forehead.

"I love you, bluejay." She replies.

~~~~~~

"You swore you would never leave, y/n." Alma sneers and I feel as if the walls are closing in.

"I wasn't leaving, I swear-" I start to say when Alex suddenly appears and Alma was gone.

"You better not be leaving." He says as he shoved me to the ground. He suddenly grabs me by the throat and looks me dead in the eye. "I have unfinished business with you y/n." Suddenly everything replayed over and over again. The blood, the blood was everywhere. In my hair, my arms, my stomach-

I suddenly woke up in a cold sweat, the cold breeze causing a chill in me. I felt as if I couldn't breathe, as if his hand was still there. Trying to compose myself, I stand from the bed and walk towards the bathroom. I go to the sink and pour some water on my hands before flicking it onto my face, hoping it will cool me down and make me relax. My throat still felt tight and my breathing was going a bit more fast than usual. I grip onto the side of the sink and close my eyes, my eye brows crossed in frustration. I try to sturdy myself but it's not working. I open my mouth to try and take a deep breath but instead a choked sob comes out and I quickly slap my hand across my mouth before it happened again. I didn't want to wake her. I struggled with staying silent as I felt like I was suffocating with my mouth covered as I broke into tears by the sink. It wasn't until I felt someone behind me gently bring my arm down, receiving another cry and then a sharp gasp in from me as they took me in their arms from behind.

"I can't breathe." I stumble out before taking another sharp breath in and Alma quickly turns me around looking me in the eye.

"Y/n, look." I open my eyes, my eyes burning when I do as I felt the years run down my cheeks. "Focus on me." She says firmly and I try to focus. Her blue eyes that looked over me with a fierce worry yet love. Her blue hair that once was up but now is down, the shades of blue and black in it. I felt my throat opening a bit, slowly my breathing regaining itself.

"Now take a deep breath." She says gently and I feel my breath hitch when I do but gradually becoming easier, my breath only shaky. "You're okay." She says and I feel myself suddenly feeling light headed and exhausted. She brings me into a gentle and loose hug as she places a kiss on my cheek. I felt numb. My head felt as if I was still in a dream and my legs wanted to give out, but I wouldn't let them. I already made her worry enough.

Why can't I just be normal?
~~~~~~~~~

Not me venting now in my books as always💀✋