Chapter 19

•••Almas POV•••

Something is wrong. Y/n has been acting off ever since Alex arrived and I know there has to be something behind it. Originally I thought it was just her normal nerves she usually has around new people, but this is different. Whatever it is, I want to figure out what and have him leave the loop immediately. If he poses any danger, I cannot have him here.

I head outside to find him outside talking with Fiona in the garden. The sound of my shoes alert him and he looks up sending me a small grin that I don't return.

"Is something wrong, Miss Peregrine?" He asks and I look him deeply in the eyes.

"Alex, I want to speak with you." He suddenly seemed a bit nervous which increased my suspicion.

"Well I-"

"It shouldn't be a problem, hmm? If you have nothing to hide and want to stay in this loop then follow me." I say with a grin that I know increases his worry. He nods and follows me into the home and I cast y/n a side glance as we pass the kitchen door way. She was inside heating the tea kettle as I instructed her to do to take her mind off of things. He follows me into my office, but I don't shut the door. Instead I stand in between the doorway as he takes a seat in front of me.

"Now Alex, let's just get straight to the point." I say my voice firm. "Did you and y/n know each other at all?"

"No, unless you mean yesterday when I arrived and met her." He says with a small nervous laugh.

"How do you know her so well then?" I press and he stumbles for wording.

"What are you asking?" He says as he gives me a suspicious glare.

"Did you hurt y/n?" I ask my voice half with a frustrated tone. Might as well get straight to the point as he's avoiding everything I say. He looks me over as if I've caught him red handed.

"No, I-I didn't-"

"Leave my loop now." I say my voice turn as I send him a glare. If looks could kill I made sure this one could. "I don't want you here."

"Just because I-"

"You admit to it?" I say, a bit surprised he slipped up that easily. Anger and hurt flooded through me as I thought of all the things he could have done to her. To think I even allowed him to stay here with her and the children makes me feel guilty about myself.

"Leave." I give him a hard stare as he gets up and leaves the office. I follow to make sure he walks through the front door and then make his way to the end of the loop.

Maybe I shouldn't have let him get away alive.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~