Chapter 20

•••Almas POV•••

"Miss Peregrine, why did Alex leave?" Fiona asks before I shut the door.

"I don't speak about personal matter, Fiona. Now go along outside with the others." I say and she nods understanding before leaving, shutting the door behind. I sigh and turn towards the kitchen where y/n was looking a bit too deeply outside the window. She didn't seem to even be focusing on anything outside, more so just deep in thought. I stop by the doorway, propping myself up by the side of it as I wait for her to glance over. When her gaze drops and lowers I gently cut in.

"He's gone." She looks over at me, her eyes searching mine. "He's not ever coming back, y/n." Her eyes still search for more information about the conversation. "He did not tell me about what happened between you two, I just know it wasn't anything good." There was a slight pause as she looks away and intently look down at the sink. I walk over to her and gently take her hand in mind, making her look at my hand in hers before moving her gaze to me.

"Y/n, I love you and I can't let anything happen to you. As much as I want to know what happened, I'm not going to force you. I just want to know how to help you." I say softly as she glances down quickly before back up at me.

"You just want a reason to kill him, don't you?" She jokes and I let a smile slip.

"Maybe." I say, receiving a breathless laugh from her making my chest swell at the sound.

•••Y/ns POV•••

"Is he gone?"

We glance over to the doorway to find Enoch and Emma standing. Alma nods.

"Fucking finally!" Enoch says and before Alma could scold him for language, Emma buts in.

"It's about time!" She says and Alma rolls her eyes at her wards as she tries to smother a grin.

"Now onto step 2." Emma mumbles catching my attention and Almas.

"Step 2?" Alma repeats confused yet worried what her ward might be planning. "And that would be...?"

"Getting you both together." She says simply but I feel myself burning up severely when Alma speaks up, somehow unfazed, yet her cheeks a bit pink.

"Miss Bloom, that's enough." She says as she pinches the bridge of her nose making Emma laugh before heading outside, Enoch straying behind.

"I'm terribly sorry about those two. I have no idea what sparked them both to be trouble makers." Alma says as she turns to face me. I brush away a strand of her raven blue hair away from her face as I send her a soft smile.

"Don't apologize." I say gently as my eyes scan hers. The sunlight through the window washed against her navy blue coat, making her seem more beautiful as she always is.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short and sweet chapter before things get crazy