Chapter 7

"Do you plan on staying as well?" Alma asks Dave after breakfast and she was placing the dishes into the sink.

"No, I can't stay. I have to return and so do you." He says as he gives me a look. I think he might be mad that I left without saying anything.

"That is y/ns choice." She says simply and I can feel the pressure between both of them. One wants me to stay while the other wants me to go. The silence lingered as Dave stared me down and Miss Peregrine eventually glanced back wondering why it got so quiet.

"Do you want to leave?" He asks and I immediately shook my head no. I didn't even think before I answered. Dave tries to hide his disappointment as he then gave me an understanding look.

"Alright, I understand. It was nice meeting you." He then says to Miss Peregrine and left leaving a shadow of disappointment behind. I felt a bigger stab of guiltyness rise in my chest. Miss Peregrine sighs as she walks over to me and wraps me into her arms, surprising me for a moment. I'm not sure how she knew I needed her, but she somehow did.

"You can stay as long as you like." She says gently near my ear. "But if you ever want to leave just let me know, alright?" She says and I nod. She let's me go out of the hug and looks me in the eye as she gives me a soft smile that I return. My eyes traveled from hers to her lips and I quickly forced myself to look back up. I can't be feeling like this. She gently brushed a strand of hair away from my face making my face heat up a little before returning to the sink.

"Miss P?"

I glance over when Alma does to Millard who stood in the door way as if the incident from earlier did not happen.

"What is it, Millard?" She asks and what seems to be him pointing to the stairwell.

"There's another spider!"
~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for a short chapter, I haven't been feeling the best today