Chapter 33

"Miss Peregrine?" She glances over at Bronwyn who stood by the doorway a few minutes after lunch ended.

"Hugh made his bees go after Horace and stung him." Bronwyn explains. "He's not taking it too well."

"MISS PEREGRINE!" Horace runs in, his usual fancy, polite demeanor gone. "I'M DYING!"

"Now don't be dramatic, Horace. It's just a bee sting." Alma says but she jumps shoots her head back over to Horace when she hears him scream and runs back outside when a lone bee came inside.

"Bronwyn, bring Hugh to me please." She says and Bronwyn leaves to go outside. I laugh after she does and Alma looks over at me with grin.

"Are they always like this?" I ask with a giggle.

"All the time. You'll get used to it." She says before sending me a wink afterwards that makes my heart flutter. She turns back to the sink where she was busying herself with the dishes. Hugh made his way to the kitchen with a solemn face.

"Before you yell at me, don't worry. Horace isn't dead." He says and smiles when he hears a stifled laugh from me. Alma sends me a glare before glancing back at him.

"I wasn't going to yell at you, but now I feel as it I should to get my point across." Alma says and Hugh groans. "Don't complain." She says.

"Go and speak with Horace. I'm busy at the moment." She says and Hugh walks back out moving at a slow pace as he wants to avoid talking to him.

"Do you need any help?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"No, I'm alright dear." She says as she busys herself with cleaning things up. I stand from my chair that sat in front if the little table and snuck up behind her, hugging her from behind. I rest my chin on her shoulder and press myself against her, my arms wrapping around her waist.

"I love you, Bluebird." I mumble and she smiles as she turns, loosening the hug and tilts my chin up.

"I love you, bluejay." She says and goes to give me a kiss on the lips but quickly instead kissed my nose before turning away.

"Hey, that's not fair!" I say with a laugh at the end and I hear her chuckle.

"Miss Bluejay!"

I look over surprised to hear someone actually call me by the formal name. Olive stood in the doorway, her hand against the side of it.

"Yes?" I say.

"Someone's outside, do you possibly know him?" I raise an eyebrow as I exchange a glance with Alma who stopped rinsing the dishes as she looks over to Emma and me.

"What does he look like?" Alma says with suspicion in her voice.

"I didn't get a good glance at him, I just noticed him come through the loop." Olive says.

"Could it possibly be Dave?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"It couldn't be. The one who came through is a bit taller." She says and I hold down a wave of panic as my first thought was him.

"Could it be..." Alma starts to say but her voice trails off as she shares a glance with me. I felt nauseated just by the thought of seeing him again.

"Should I tell the others to come inside?" She asks and Alma nods. She leaves the kitchen to get the other children and Alma gives me a small kiss on the forehead before leaving to get something.

What if it's him?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y'all thought the one chapter was good with Miss P and him just wait till you see the one coming up