Chapter 37

"Alma, I'm fine." I say with a little laugh at the end from her worry and she smiles as she takes my hand.

"I know, I just worry." She says. Her gaze accidently goes down to my chest before shooting back up to my gaze a bit too fast. It just now processed to me that I did not have a shirt on along with pants. I felt the heat creep into my cheeks and go down my neck as I realized.

"You just now noticed, didn't you?" Alma teases with a grin and I feel myself growing flustered as I smile and roll my eyes, but I know my cheeks are pink. Suddenly she plants a kiss along my jawline making me freeze up. She trails down my neck only stopping by my collar bone and I felt my breath catch in my throat.

"Alma, please, I'm sick." I say, but my voice is weak and I can't find it as I felt my breathing go shaky as she towers over me. Her hands lay on the sides of my waist and she smirks as she places one last kiss on my lips, her nails digging in for a slight moment. When she was finished, she smiles at my flustered state, her own cheeks pink and a strand of her usually tidy raven blue hair in front of her eye. I tuck it away earning a soft smile from her as she gets off from on top of me with a slight chuckle.

"Out of everything and you're scared of me getting sick?" She observes and I feel myself burning up from being embarrassed and flustered. "Oh, I'm just teasing love." She says and places another kiss on my forehead. She hands me the outfit in which I send her a smile of my gratitude.

"Now because of you I need to fix my hair real quick so the children don't notice." She says in a mocking tone.

"Me? You're the one who started it." I say with a smile and she scoffs.

"You're the one who encouraged it." She says and we both immediately blush at the words. "I will be in the bathroom if you need anything. I'll give you privacy to get dressed here." She says and stands over to the bathroom door, only shutting it a little when she walked in to fix her hair. I get up from the bed, my legs shaking badly for some reason. The fever made my body feel numb and I felt run down from it as I changed the best I could into the outfit. I got the pants on, but was struggling with the buttons on the top because of my shaky hands. Alma walks out thinking I was done and tilts her head when she sees me fumbling with the buttons.

"Need help, love?" She asks and I sigh out of defeat and nod. She walks over to the front of me, buttoning it up from the bottom to the top. When she reaches the final button, she loops it through and gives me a short kiss on the lips that I return. Her hands take mine as I stand, stumbling a little but regaining my balance and we make our ways to the stairs.

"Do you think you can make your way down the stairs?" Alma asks as there was 2 sets of stairs we had to go down.

"Alma, I'm sick not injured." I say with a exasperated smile making her roll her eyes with a grin. I slowly but carefully make my way downstairs, Alma close behind until we got to the bottom.

"Y/N!" I winced when I felt my headache spike for a moment, but replace it with a smile when I see Claire run up to me.

"Hey Claire." I say, my tone not fully matching her hyper one.

"I was so worried when you left. Miss Peregrine said she wasn't sure where you were." Claire says and I frown.

"I didn't mean to worry anyone." I say and Claire and I both look over when Emma comes in.

"Well, you did." She says and I felt a stab of guilt. It was selfish of me to run off, but it was the only thing I knew that would help me gather my thoughts.

"Miss Bloom." Alma warns and I shrug it off as I stand from my kneeling position in front of Claire.

"No, it's alright." I say and Alma sends both of them outdoors as we make our way to the living room. Eventually she had to get lunch ready but didn't want to leave me, but I eventually persuaded her that I would be fine and she left to the kitchen. Fiona eventually came in and seen me sitting in the living room, so she decided to talk with me until Alma called everyone in from outside to come in to eat.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Next chapters are going to have you all a flustered mess just for a heads up