Chapter 41

"Please tell me you won't leave." Alma says as she faces away from the door, her eyes brimming with tears at even the thought. "Y/n, I can't lose you."

"Alma, I'm not, I promise. Come here." I say gently and she hesitates before walking over to me and I take her in my arms. "I would never leave any of you. Ever." I say emphasizing my words to make it clear. I could never leave them.

"I love you all too much to ever think of leaving." I whisper and plant a kiss on her forehead. She brings herself closer to me and because of her being taller, props her chin on top of my head. This lasted about a minute, just both of us in each other's thoughts not wanting to be the first to let go. I thought about last night and how I ruined it and just the thought makes me want to start over. To make her realize how much I love her despite my past. But at the same time it scares me. It scares me because I know the same thing will happen, I'll back out because of some stupid incident.

"You're thinking about that again, aren't you?" She suddenly says and I felt myself refocus when she does. I don't bother to argue as there was no point.

"We'll get through this together, love. I promise." She whispers next to my ear and she plants a kiss on the side of my cheek.

"You two are adorable." I feel my stomach clench when Alma and I quickly look over to the door way where Jacob stood. My cheeks burned and even a tad bit of pink went across Almas, but it was only noticible up close.

"Mr Portman, what have I said about eavesdropping?" Alma says, her tone as light yet firm as always.

"Sorry, but I have one question." He says and Alma raises an eyebrow. "Could Emma and I go outside the loop?"

"Absolutely not. What makes you have such an idea?" She asks, her tone firm and almost scolding.

"There's just a...special occasion coming up. Y/n can come along as well." He says and I felt a bit if excitement yet anxiousness with the thought.

"Y/n is not going and you two aren't either." She says and her tone makes it seem final.

"But Miss P, it's important!"

"If it's so important, I'm sure you wouldn't mind me coming along." Alma says and he groans out of defeat.

"You can't though, that's the point." He says and she glances at him for a few seconds before letting out a sigh of defeat.

"Fine. But stay far away from the pub." She says with a firm look to Jacob and I. We both nod and she casts him one last glance before turning towards the kitchen.

'She scares me' Jacob mouths to me silently as he points towards where Alma went and I laugh making him smile.

'She does with me too' I mouth back and he gives me a surprised look. I nod which makes him laugh.

"You two better not be up to anything not good." Alma says from the kitchen making both of us laugh again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think the special occasion is? 👀