Chapter 42

Fluster warning ⚠

Jacob and I just now returned back to the loop. We went into town with no problems and he told me recently about Almas birthday being tomorrow. I was able to come across a lovely pocket watch that I knew she would like and Jacob and I wrapped it before we made our way home. When we stepped through the door, Alma wasn't in sight so I quickly ran the gift upstairs and hid it in the drawer of my nightstand. When I make my way back down stairs, Jacob meets me at the bottom.

"I have it well hidden." I say and he nods.

"All we have to do is bake something then, but we'll figure that out later. Oh, there's Emma. I'll see you then." He says sending me a smile before he leaves outdoors. I smile as I watch him head outside when suddenly a hand took mine and spun me back words, their lips crashing against mine. I feel a smile form against it and grin when I notice it's Alma.

"Someone missed me." I say when she pulls away and she laughs.

"I didn't know you being away for even a minute made me miss you already." She says and I smile at the comment.

"Where were you anyway?" She asks and I press my finger against her lips.

"I can't say." I say with a sly smile and she rolls her eyes with a grin as she lowers my hand and gives me another kiss.

~~~~~~~After Dinner~~~

Later that night, I didn't know what I was expecting. After the children were tucked away and we reached the door of her bedroom, her lips connected with mine immediately and I smile against them. She presses me up against the wall in her room as she firmly places her lips on mine, talking against mine when she had to take a breath.

"You're mine, little bird." She mumbles against my mouth with a smirk and a noise escapes the back of my throat when she starts trailing down my jawline. Her breath was hot against my skin and I felt myself shiver against her talons tracing along my skin.

"Alma." I say my breath shaky against her touch and she glances up at me in recognition.

"I can stop if you want me to." She says quickly and backs away a little but I shake my head.

"No, I'm fine. Don't stop." I say and she blushes brightly at what I said that makes me breathlessly laugh.

"Are you blushing?" I ask and she grows even more flustered.

"What, no." She says quickly and I grin.

"Did I get the one and only Alma LeFay Peregrine to blush." I say with a smirk and she grows more flustered. She rolls her eyes before pressing herself hard against me, her lips kissing the side of mine.

"Get on the bed." She says against my lips and I feel myself burn up at the words but do as she says. She presses me onto the bed gently yet firm as she moves on top of me, her hands trailing up to my hair as she plants her lips across my jawline. I feel her fingers meet the buttons of my top and she slowly unbuttons the top, going slow in case. I go to gently grab her hands but stop myself short.

"Remember little bird, if you want me to stop say something." She says against my ear, her voice husky. I nod but don't stop her. I have to go through with it. I want to.

She reaches the last button on the top and carefully runs her talons across my chest making me feel my cheeks heat up. She brings her lips down to my collar bone as she plants them down near my chest. I felt my breathing hitch and shorten from the sudden feeling and she looks up at me for a moment to make sure I was alright with this. Her hands move from my hips to the side of my face as she firmly placed her lips back on mine, a slight moan escaping from the back of her throat that immediately takes away all my anxiety. Instead I react and sit up. She at first takes it as I'm done when really I push her down slowly to the bed and tower over her as she did to me. I start placing my lips against her neck and smiled satisfied when I felt her talons dig into my waist. I make my way up to her jaw until I meet her lips again. As I do she pulls off the rest of the top off my arms as I slowly unbutton her coat. She seems off about it as she's normally in charge when it comes to this, but she allows me to slowly unbutton her coat and push it aside, her bra showing through her white top underneath. I start slowly unbuttoning it until finally it was off and I couldn't help but notice a small scar below her collar bone and one on her stomach. Not wanting to question it yet, I continue traveling down to her chest. Her talons dig in further to the point where it stung, but I didn't stop her.

I didn't want to stop.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me: "Wait, did I just write semi-smut?-