Chapter 44

"Jacob stop eating the frosting!" I shout at him and he quickly moves away from the container. The children woke up and I thought it would be nice to let them all add their own thing to the cake. It was him and the boys along with the little ones, while Emma and Olive kept Miss Peregrine distracted.

I added a few of the final touches and let Bronwyn put some of the candles we bought on it.

"Technically how old is Miss Peregrine?" I ask as I glance behind me at Jacob since I was bent down holding the pan the cake was it as Bronwyn stuck the candles on.

"We wouldn't have enough candles." He says with a shrug and I frown. "What?"

"Jacob, that was rude." I say and face the cake when Bronwyn finishes it. We only used 5 candles since I spent all my money on her gift. I straighten myself back up as I Jacob the cake to hold onto as I got her small gift.

"Alright children, ready?" I say after I glance out the window. Emma was talking to Alma and when she wasn't looking, Olive glanced at me from outside and smiled with a thumbs up.

"Hurry up, I want to eat cake." Jacob whines and I roll my eyes with a scoff. We make our way to the door and just when the knob turned, I opened it as the others along with the gift in my hand, was hidden by the door.

"Good morning!" I say and she raises an eyebrow at my unusual demeanor.

"Good morning- did you even go back to bed?" She suddenly says as she looks me over.

"Not the point, come on!" I took her hand with my free one and pulled her inside, Emma and Olive following in then before shutting the door.

"Surprise!!" Bronwyn shouts with the little ones, a bit louder than expected and she glances over to them, a smile forming. Jacob holds up the cake we made and even Enoch has to grin at his headmistress' reaction.

"Oh, you all didn't have to do this." She says with a heart warming smile as she looks lovingly at everyone.

"Well too bad, we did." Enoch says and Alma laughs.

"Can we go have some cake now?" Claire asks and I chuckle at their eagerness. I share a smile with Alma.

"Yes, you may." Alma replies and Jacob carries it into the kitchen, the children following behind until it was just me and her.

"Close your eyes, bluebird." I say and she skeptically does as I say. I move her hands up and gently place the pocket watch on her palm and close her hand with mine. "Alright, you can look now." I say and she first looks at me for a second until down at her hand.

"If you put a beetle or anything in my hand, I will yell at you despite you doing this." She says before looking and I laugh.

"Just look." I say with a smile and she smiles before opening her palm and immediately her demeanor shifted. Her eyes brimmed with tears as she lifted up the raven blue watch. It had a falcon carved on the side, the rest a dark and light navy blue. On the inside, a clock similar to her old one.

"Love, I..." She struggled for words as she suddenly took me tightly in her arms, the watch still in her hand.

"I'm sorry you don't like it." I tease with a smile when she pulled back with an offended look.

"When did I ever say- oh, what am I going to do with you?" She says with an exasperated smile when she sees I was joking.

"I could think of multiple things." I say in almost a whisper and she rolls her eyes before planting her lips gently against mine.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#You just seen my favorite chapter✋