Chapter 13

•••Almas POV•••

"How did you get into the loop?" I ask as I narrow my eyes towards him. Something about him seemed off.

"I'm trying find my old loop, but I've been looking for days and I need somewhere to stay for a few days." He explains. A part of me found that hard to believe, but I couldn't push him away  if he was speaking the truth.

"That is, of you are welcome to having me stay. I won't be here long, just for a day or so." He adds when he seen me thinking.

"You are welcome to stay, but if you hurt anyone here, you'll be dealing with more than just looking for your loop, understood?" I say firmly and he nods.

"I understand Miss." He says and I move aside for him to come in. Once he does, I shut the door and turn over to the children.

"Children, head outside. I will call you in then for lunch." I went to speak with y/n but noticed she wasn't there anymore. "Where did y/n go?"

"She went upstairs a few minutes ago." Emma says making me wonder.

"Alright, I will have to speak with her then. Now, everyone out." I say gently and Emma nods taking the others with her as they walk outside. I turn to face the man who came in earlier.

"The name is Alex by the way. Sorry I forgot to introduce myself." He says and I nod in understanding.

"A pleasure to meet you Alex. My name is Miss Peregrine." I introduce myself before looking towards the stairs. "If you wouldn't mind, I have to go and check on Miss Y/l/n. After that, we can talk more." I say and he smiles in understanding. I make my way upstairs, alarm slightly running through me. Y/n wouldn't just walk off like that knowing her. I quickly make my way to her room and knock.

"Y/n, are you in there?" I say gently against the door as I try to calm myself before walking in. "Y/n?" I had no choice but to open the door. I turn the knob as I push the door open, but I didn't find her right away. I walk into the room, scanning everywhere to find her, but then I see a light coming from the bathroom that's as inside the bedroom. I slowly make my way over and felt my heart break when I did. Her hands were placed firmly on the sides of the sink as she seemed to be bracing herself.

"Y/n, are you alright?" I say, my voice gentle and quiet not wanting to upset her more than how she is now. She didn't seem to hear me though. "Y/n." I sigh and walk over to beside her brushing her hair away. "Y/n, I don't know what's bothering you, but you need to let me know." I say firmly and she remains the same.

"Love, come here." She drops her hands from the sink and comes over into my arms, relief filling both of us. "Don't worry me so much." I try to joke but she didn't laugh. "I love you, y/n."

"I love you too." She replies, both of us not realizing what we both said.

"I have to head downstairs to speak with the man who came. I think he said his name is Alex if you would like to speak with him." I felt her tense up suddenly and quickly explain. "Or you don't have to. It's completely up to you and I'm not forcing you to make a decision. Do you want to wait?" She nods against my chest and I tighten the hug a little. "Alright, if you need me please let me know okay?" She nods again and I give her a quick kiss on the forehead before I left with reassurance that she would be alright.

I couldn't help but wonder the rest of the day though, what was she so frightened of?
~~~~~~~~~~~~