Chapter 31

•••Almas POV•••

I made my way through the front door of the home and as soon as I open it, I was bombarded with a hug from y/n. I stumbled back words a little from the force but I grin a little as I look down at her, tightly wrapping her arms around me as she buried her face into my chest.

"Love, what's wrong?" I ask and she looks up at me, her beautiful eyes meeting mine.

"Enoch told me why you left and I was so worried he would do something to you." She says and my heart breaks at her worry. "Are you alright?" She asks as she skims over me and I smile at her worry.

"Yes, I'm alright." I say and give her a small peck on the lips. "Stop worrying so much about me."

"It's hard not to." I brush some of her hair back before taking her hand and leading her back inside with me, only to be bombarded with Emma, Enoch and Millard.

"Did you do it, Miss P?" Emma asks and I raise an eyebrow.

"You better have or else I'll go back and finish it off." Enoch mutters.

"Why are you all so excited about that? Your innocence seemed to be destroyed after the whole incident with Caul." I say and Emma laughs. "It's certainly not a laughing matter, now all of you head outside." With that, the three of them left.

"Did you get some sleep while I was gone?" I ask now facing over at her behind me.

"Not much, but trust me, I'm fine now." She says and I chuckle.

"Alright, love. But if you need anything-"

"Let you know. I know, Alma." She replies with a soft smile.

"Did you just interrupt me?" I say and she nods as she crosses her arms.

"Yes, yes I did." She says and I roll my eyes before bringing her into another hug, but it didn't last long when she pushed me back enough to look up at me and she had a scolding yet concerning look written on her face.

"Please don't tell me you killed someone." She says and I laugh.

"I wanted to, but I was forced to let him go." I reply.

"By who?"

"You." I reply simply. "I know you wouldn't want that to be the way I handled the situation, no matter how bad I wanted to."

"You're too perfect, Alma." She says with a small breathless laugh that makes my chest swell.

"You're perfect, bluejay." I say and give her a kiss on the nose that she smiles at.

"No, you bluebird." She says and before I could argue, Hugh came in from outside.

"For birds sake, you're both perfect now stop arguing or else this will go on all night." He says before exiting. I glance over at y/n to see her stiffling a laugh and when I give her a fake confused look she laughs.

"Hugh's right, we better stop." She says and I lift her hand up, kissing the back of it.

"Just know that I'm ending this conversation with you're perfect bluejay and you can't argue back." I say simply before kissing her forehead and walking away, beaming at the sound of her laugh as she starts following me from behind to the outdoors.
~~~~~~~~~~~~