Chapter 29

Trigger Warning

I let out a small groan when I woke up, my neck killing me and giving me a headache. I was laying in the same position on the chair as last night. I suddenly heard the tapping of Almas shoes as she quickly looked into the living room.

"Oh there you are, you had me worried." I hear her say gently as she comes in. She brushes away a strand of hair from my face as I try to give her a smile. "Is your neck hurting?"

"Just a little, but I'm fine." I assure her.

"Did you not sleep well last night?" She asks and I feel the concern coming off of her.

"No, I slept fine." I say though my voice disagreed.

"I can take you upstairs if you want more rest." She says and I smile.

"You worry too much, I'm fine." I assure her. She frowns but nods before taking my hands and pulling me up from the chair.

"You don't look as if you've been sleeping well." She points out as she looks over me, her hand resting against my cheek as she rubs her thumb over it.

"Alma, please, I'm fine." I say with a exasperated smile as I bring her hand down from my face and into mine instead.

"Go to bed." I glance over when I hear Enochs voice as he walks by the living room before heading outside.

"If Enoch says you should be in bed, I agree." Alma says and I roll my eyes receiving a glare from her. "Did you roll your eyes at me?"

"No..." I say and smile which makes her smile.

"Go to bed, love. I'll wake you before lunch." She says and I knew I had no choice. She gives me a small peck on the lips before walking off into the kitchen which was my cue to head upstairs.

~~~~~~~

"You can run all you want." I hear his voice say as I run towards the entrance to the loop. Why did I leave? I shouldn't have. No, I just have to keep running. Run y/n, for birds sake.

Suddenly I felt my legs get pulled behind me as I fall to my stomach. I let out a small cry of frustration as I try to push myself up, but instead he flips me into my back and grips me hard on the top of my arms. I struggle through his grip as I try to kick him off, but he doesn't even budge.

"Now don't struggle, it will only be harder." He says with a laugh that makes me tense up. "Now wake up."

I quickly open my eyes as I felt something on top of me. Still in a dream like state I quickly go to shove the person off, but wasn't able to. I try to push them off I felt fear trick into me.

"Get off, get off." I say, my voice shaky as I keep the person back and felt a little relieved when they moved off. I sit up quickly, trying to catch my breath and calm down. I met her blue eyes and realized it was Alma, who met my gaze with concern and confusion. I let out a shaky sigh as I brush my hair back with my hand and glance down. I need to calm down. He's gone. He's gone.

"Hey, come here." I hear her voice say softly as she carefully sits closer to me and brings me into her arms. I feel the tension go down in me as the warmth and smell of vanilla surround me. Only in her arms do I feel the safe the most. I close my eyes as she brings me closer to her and props her chin on top of my head as she tries to soothe me. Though she didn't have to do much.

"Is this why you haven't been sleeping well?" She asks and I hesitate before nodding. "Why haven't you said anything?"

"It's not a big deal." I say. "I've had them ever since..." I trail off as I repeat the memory, as I do almost everyday. It won't go away.

"Ever since what?" She asks and I feel my chest tighten. I don't want to speak about it. "Y/n, talk to me." She says and I feel myself start freezing up. I don't want to go there. "Y/n." She takes her hands gently to the side of my face to bring my gaze up to hers. My eyes meet hers. "Please talk to me." I feel what felt like a knife plunge into my chest. The sharp feeling tightened the feeling in my chest as I felt overwhelmed. I didn't want to speak of it but-

"Don't think about it. Just say whatever comes to mind." Alma says and I look back up at her. "What's going on?" I take a shaky breath in trying to prepare myself. Enoch only knows and I wanted him to be the only one that did since he of course had to find out. I think back to the sound of the wind and the smell of the leaves beneath me which was soon replaced with the metal taste and smell of blood. The sound of the noises he made, the grip on my arms, the way he roughly placed his lips on me. I wanted to bury it all away to where no one could find out, not even myself.

"I-" I couldn't find my words. What do I say? If there was a word I was looking for, the first that came was what Enoch said.

He raped you, didn't he?

He did.

The answer was there. I never could have explained what happened, but that one simple word explained it all.

"He..." I take a shaky breath in and felt her hand gently run across my back as she tried to be supportive. "He raped me." I say my voice growing quiet and giving out at the end. I bite the bottom of my lip to keep myself composed but as soon as I felt her bring me closer into her arms, I felt myself break.

Who knew the arms of someone who put you back together, make you fall apart as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I promise things will get better, y'all are going to love the next chapter