Chapter 9

"Children, it's time for the movie." Miss Peregrine says after we clean up after dinner. Enoch has been distant, but I wasn't surprised.

We all head into the living room and I take a seat on the far back end of the couch, the spot nearest to Miss Peregrine who leaned on the side of the doorway. Horaces eyeglass lit up and we all looked towards the front of the room where it was being projected. A few images from what happened today played through and there was a few small laughs earned when the 'Millard scene' came up. Surprisingly I seen none the clothing parts the others complained about seeing all the time. Instead, a new image appeared, one that didn't happen yet. I was a bit shocked when I seen myself appear on it. Even hearing my voice portrayed in it was somewhat chilling.

"What if he finds me here?" My voice was almost a tremble as I then noticed the person sitting next to me who gently took my hand. Their blue eyes we're shown and I knew immediately who it was.

"Who?" She asks and in the dream, I looked down as I struggled to say anything. The dream transitioned into a different one where it showed a person who stood by the door. I couldn't make out exactly who they were, but I felt my nerves rise at the sight and I wasn't sure why.

Suddenly the dream ended and I felt disappointed that it ended early. Then that faded as fear crept into me instead. Does that mean who ever I meant came into the loop? Or was it someone else? Who even was it that was mentioned earlier?

The lights flicked back on and a few groans filled the room. Apparently I wasn't the only one wanting to know more.

"That's enough, children. Now go get ready for reset." Miss Peregrine says as the others head outside. I stand from the side of the couch and before I could go she suddenly towers above me, confusion and what I hoped wasn't a little bit of fear that shown behind her demeanor.

"Who is he?" She asks simply. "I need to know to keep you and the children safe."

"I don't know, I'm sorry. He seemed familiar, but I'm not sure who." I reply my voice not as steady as hers and she holds my gaze a moment before letting out a small sigh and heading outdoors. She thinks I'm not telling her the truth and I hate to admit but...

She thinks I'm hiding something.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*updates while on a one hour bus drive to the next race*