Chapter 23

"Y/n, where the hell have you been?" He asks and I immediately knew this was going to be fun.

"Children, head outside for a moment." I hear Alma say as she walked out with them for a moment leaving me and Dave alone.

"I've been busy everyday running the pub and you don't show up once to help out!" He says. "Then Alex comes and tells me about you occusing him of things! What's going on with you y/n?" He says harshly and I feel anger yet guilt rise through me.

"Nothing is-"

"So now you decide to speak? After God knows how long we've been friends and it takes you to finding yourself a new place for attention to get you to talk? Well since you're talking now, why don't you explain what's going on between you two!" He says and I try to explain.

"Dave, I-"

"What is it y/n?" He says his tone firm and angry and I glance down as I felt myself burning up.

"If you only came here to argue then I suggest you leave." I hear Almas stern voice say from behind me.

"I came here to bring y/n back and fix everything that she messed up." He says as he gives me a glare.

"She has done nothing wrong." Alma defends and he points at me as he gives me a hard glare.

"You have done nothing but screw everything up the moment you left. If you plan on even fixing anything, I suggest you talk to Alex and I. I can see why you deserved whatever he did." He says firmly towards me before looking over at Almas angry gaze.

"I'm just giving you a warning about her so I don't want to hear it. I see why your Victor left, he probably couldn't stand you." He says and it pained me to see Almas visible hurt look.

"Get out." I say firmly and he glances at me. "Get out!" I shout and he left, giving me a surprised look before he did. When he shut the door behind him, I took a shaky breath in before I faced Alma. The hurt still shown as she tried to bury the pain and my heart broke even more.

"I'm so sorry." I say my voice breaking and she struggles to keep her demeanor.

"Keep watch on the others please. I have something I need to do." She says, her voice trying not to break as she turned to the hallway down to her office and as much as I wanted to check on her, I couldn't.

She wouldn't want me to.
~~~~~~~~~~~~