Chapter 2

"Good morning. Would you like anything?" I smile politely and shook my head no as I take a seat with Dave by the tables. "Some crazy lad came in here earlier."

"Really?" I ask, my voice a bit quiet. I feel less anxious with less people here.

"Yeah. He kept going on and on about some 'loop' " He air quoted. "Talking about some headmistress and her children were still alive. Plain baloney if you ask me." I nod as my gaze drifts down to the table. I've heard some stories about the so called loop. The headmistress was named Miss Peregrine. Wait. Peregrine? No, it's just a story. Anyways, she was in charge of an orphanage when the war was going on. Supposably taking in peculiars.

"Did you sleep all right?" He asks and I nod.

"What about you?" I ask and he nods.

"Last night wore me out. Thank goodness the holidays are over." I nod in agreement. I'm thankful new years is over. "Anyways, I'm thinking about closing the pub just for today. You have any plans?" I shake my head and he nods in understanding. "Maybe you could visit the library down the road." He offers and I give him a small smile that he returns.

"Maybe I will." I say.
~~~~~

I make my way to the library, my chest feeling as if it's caving in from anxiety. I hate walking down the block especially by myself but I have to get over it. I walk through the library entrance, thankful it's not crowded inside. They seemed to have more books in as the shelves were more crammed than the last time I was here. My fingers run across the spines of the books as I search through them.

"Hugh, knock it off." I hear someone whisper shout along with a few other voices as well. I laugh a little inside as I remember a Hugh being one of the peculiars. Imagine a bunch of peculiars inside the library with the headmistress herself? I smile at the thought but immediately it went down in shock when I seen them make their way out from the aisle and pass mine. The woman-who seemed to be in her 30s- didn't notice me. She wore a navy blue coat which was odd as it was pretty warm outside. Followed behind were a bunch of children following her. One was wearing a dark gray cloak over her outfit and her hair was a deep red. I remember her name being Olive from the stories I've heard. But no, it can't be them. It's probably some people pulling a prank. Behind her followed a boy with an eyeglass and another boy with short brown hair who looked to he the boy Hugh. Then behind him was a short haired blonde girl with a light blue dress on. She noticed me and stopped short.

"Miss Peregrine, it's her." She whisper shouts to the woman. My eyes widen when I hear the name and when the woman comes forward. She looks exactly like the headmistress. She gives me a look that reminds me of the falcon from yesterday. Wait-

"Miss Bloom, go with Olive and the others." She says simply and seems to hint at something in which she follows. They head outside the library and I face the woman again. Her blue eyes skimmed over me before the firm look soon went soft when she seemed to recognize me. "You must be Miss y/l/n." She says with a slight smile and confusion along with panic spreads through me. She sighs before looking towards the entrance of the library and then back to me. "Come with me."

Come with her? No, I can't do that. But why am I going with her? I shouldn't be. Last time I shouldn't have and here I am doing it again. But she doesn't seem like she would be like that. No, something about her I trust. My legs follow as we head outside the library and I seen the same children from earlier on a small carriage behind a horse in front. Not the common way to travel.

"Miss Bloom, please take y/n to the loop. I will meet you all there and please don't cause any trouble." She says before suddenly transforming into a peregrine falcon. This can't be real. Olive makes room on the carriage which I somehow got on and sat beside her. I can't believe I'm doing this. I have no idea what's even going on.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Now they can say they met in the library lmao