Chapter 22

"Y/n."

I open my eyes when I hear someone saying my name and relax when I see it's Alma. Her blue eyes were searching mine with a smile. I hum a response as I closed my eyes again with a stretch and she chuckles at my tired state.

"As much as I don't want to make you get up, I'm afraid you have to." She says and I groan which makes her laugh.

"As much as I don't want to, I'll get up." I joke, not helping but to smile at her playful demeanor. There was a short moment of silence as we both exchanged warm smiles, hers making my chest swell from how gorgeous she looked.

"Well, I will let you be to change. I'll be downstairs." She says, tucking behind my hair before leaving. I nearly forgot I was wearing her nightgown and blushed at the thought. I stand by the edge of the bed and stretch out my arms before going to change into an outfit. Originally I thought I would have to go to the guest bedroom, but I noticed a pair of clothes she sat aside for me. With a sigh, I take the clothes and without thinking first just decided to quickly change in her room. I had the pants on along with the bra when suddenly the door opened.

"Dear, I forgot to say that-" She immediately stops short when she sees me about to put the shirt she gave me overtop it. My face burned a bright red along with hers as she struggled to find her words before shutting the door behind her and waiting on the other side.

"You can come in now." I say and when she does I fight back the burning in my cheeks. "I'm sorry, I should have said something."

"No, I apologize dear. I should have knocked before I came in." She says with a sheepish look.

"Now don't you apologize."

"You don't have to either." She replies before we both laughed a little. "What I meant to say before though is that there is a guest downstairs waiting to see you." She says and I raise an eyebrow. "I believe his name was Dave?"

Oh no. I told him I would visit soon and it's been what? 2 days? No, 3 days. Knowing Dave though, that probably felt like forever.

"God damnit." I mumble under my breath as I pinch the bridge of my nose and close my eyes, frustration coursing through me for no apparent reason.

"Is something wrong?"

"No, no, it's just I wasn't expecting him to be here." I say and she nods in understanding. I walk over past her to the door and she follows behind me as I make my way downstairs.

Dave was standing at the bottom, not seeming too happy.
~~~~~~~~~~