Chapter 6

Alma turned to face me, a bit of confusion written on her face.

"Y/n, do you know him?" I nod and she smiles at him. "Then I do know you. Mr Wilson, correct?" He nods bewildered but he doesn't seem too surprised about everything as I was which was odd.

"Y/n, I've been looking everywhere for you. You had me worried." He says his voice firm but light as I looked down feeling guilty.

"Your grandmother told you about the loop, didn't she?" Miss Peregrine asks as if she knew her.

"Yes, she did. I'm surprised but not as much as I thought I would be that her stories were true." Dave admits and I see him rub the back of his neck as he normally did when he felt a bit awkward. He looked towards me again for a moment before Alma invited him inside. He accepted but I could tell he hesitated for a moment. We follow Miss Peregrine into the living room and she put Emma in charge of finishing the mix as she had to discuss something with us. I sat on the couch while Dave sat near the other end of it, Alma sitting in front of us on a love seat.

"Your grandmother's name was Wilma. I suspect she hasn't told you much about how we met?" Miss Peregrine says as the pipe she was holding casts out a faint vanilla smell that somehow instantly calmed my nerves. Either that or her voice.

"No, she didn't speak of it much other than about me finding the loop and the headmistress." Dave says and I couldn't help but feel a bit mad that of all the years we've been friends he never once brought it up. But I couldn't be like that, I feel guilty enough from leaving and not letting him know.

"How did you find your way here?" She asks and he then glances towards me, his brown eyes meeting mine.

"When y/n left, I worried something happened so I looked everywhere for her." He says and my mind went back to that unpleasant moment. The smell of the leaves surrounding me, the gashes as the blood surrounded me, when he-

"Y/n?"

I didn't realize I spaced out until I caught both Alma and Dave looking at me, both equally concerned.

"Did something happen?" He asks and I quickly shook my head which probably made matters worse but they chose to not push the question further.

"Miss Peregrine." All three of us look over to the doorway and spot Emma. "Breakfast is done." She says and Alma stands, straightening out her long skirt.

"Alright, thank you Miss Bloom." With that Emma walks away and Miss Peregrine look back at us. "You two stay here, I'll bring in breakfast then for you."

"I'm not very hungry." I say, my voice barely a whisper as I shove back the memory of what happened. Alma must have casted Dave a confused look as he answered for me.

"She said she's not very hungry right now." He says, his voice gentle and I can feel the concern radiating off of them. I just wanted to disappear.

"Alright." She says, her voice unsure as she walked out of the room and it was just me and Dave. I understand they just want to look after me.

But sometimes it's all too much.
~~~~~~~~~~~

👀