Chapter 17

"Y/n, come here." I hear his voice that travels through my head, driving me crazy. I can't stay here with him, I can't. I run through the home of peculiars, trying to find someone but the home was empty. It was only me and him. Him and I. I can't do this. My breathing hitches when I feel his breath behind me. When he shoves me down to the ground, towering over me. He hits me once then twice, making me smell the blood that filled my nose. I let out a cry as he suddenly gripped onto me hard. I didn't want to be here, it's too much. I just want someone. I just want Alma, I need her. She's the only thing keeping me from falling apart.

"Y/n, wake up." I hear a voice say. Not his. This one was more gentle and calming as I struggled through the moment. "Please wake up."

My eyes shot open as I quickly look around and find it still dark outside. Alma stood in front of me by the side of the bed, concern written on her features. Her coat was on leaving me know that it must be very early since she was up.

"Y/n, you're alright." She assures me as panic fills me more. No, I'm not alright. He was still in the home and until he leaves, I have no escape. I close my eyes as I try to ride myself of the thought. I'm fine, I'm fine. Stop being pathetic and do something.

"It's still early, try to go back to sleep. Alex is awake so I will just be down stairs talking with him." She says and my panic grows.

"Stay away from him." Is the only thing I'm able to say before my throat closes up and I feel the words leaving an unspoken weight in my chest and throat. My eyes brimmed with tears as she looked at me confused.

"Whatever it is dear, I promise everything is alright." She says as she wipes away a tear that fell and looks me deep in the eyes. "I will be downstairs if you need me, try to go back to sleep."

"Alma, I don't want him to hurt you too." I say, my voice firm and almost a beg for her not to go downstairs alone with him. I look her in the eyes hoping to convince her.

"What do you mean hurt me too?" She says, her demeanor changing and that's when my words stuck like glue. God dammit, why can't I say it? It shouldn't be this hard! "Love, I will be fine. Don't let whatever happened in your mind get to you." She says and give me a soft kiss on the forehead before leaving to go downstairs.

This is pathetic. I have to say something to get him to leave.

It shouldn't be this hard.
~~~~~~~~~~~~