Chapter 30

•••Almas POV•••

Y/n eventually fell asleep against me and anger burned strong through me as I thought of that man. To think I trusted him. I layed her gently down onto the bed, gently pressing my lips against her forehead before I walked out of the room, shutting the door behind me. I walk down the stairs quickly drawing Enochs attention from the kitchen.

"Enoch, keep an eye on the others for me please. I have somewhere I need to be." I say and he catches me for guard with what he says next.

"She told you, didn't she?" He says and I give him a confused look.

"Yes." I reply and he smiles.

"Tell him I said hi." He says as he knows what I'm up to. He walks upstairs with one of his jars as I make my way outside and start heading outside the loop.

~~~~~~~

"May I have a word with a fellow named Alex here?" I ask Dave, not trying to think of what he said to both y/n and I last time. He gave me a skeptical look but nodded. I noticed Alex was now his assistant since y/n never returned here. Alex and I walk out to the back of the pub where he gives me a questioning look before I shove him into the wall of the building, my elbow pressing him against it as I narrow my eyes at him.

"I want to speak with you about y/n." I say and he smiles, confusing me.

"Look lady, me and her aren't together so if you're asking-"

"That is not what I want." I say firmly. "If you ever do as much as lay a finger on her, you won't have any of yours left." I threaten and he tries to swallow his fear.

"Look, there's plenty of me to go around." He says.

"For birds sake you're stupid." I mutter and he raises an eyebrow. "I like men like how I like my coffee."

"How's your coffee then?" He smirks.

"I despise coffee." I say my tone getting quiet as I give him a look that could kill. "I also despise people who use others for their own advantages. Who make them do things that they don't want to. Who harm the other people around them for their own favor."

"She deserved it." He says as if this is a laughing matter.

"She certainly did not!" I say, my tone growing more firm as I speak and I keep myself from doing something out of hand. "If you ever touch her again, I will personally come back and kill you."

"Mhm, I'm sure." He says and I suddenly pull out a small pocket knife I secretly brought along and swiftly brought it up to his neck. He swallowed hard when he seen it, immediately regretting what he's said.

"You're lucky I'm even letting you go." I say with a frown as I glare him down, my elbow still pushing him into the wall. "If you ever do anything to y/n, I can assure you this is the last thing you will see. Understand?" He nods as fear strikes him. "Now kindly fuck off." He takes to the door to go back inside and satisfied a little by how it went, I shifted and flew back home.
~~~~~~~~~~~~