Chapter 32

~~~~Dinner~~

"You're a ymbryne?!" Olive says at the table. I glance over at Hugh who ended up telling her and now everyone at the table knows. I don't like hiding things from them, but once they know about things they can press very hard on the subject. Especially since they already found out enough new things.

"She's a bluejay." Emma speaks up and Olive gives me a smile.

"That is very rare to have 2 ymbrynes in one loop." She says and Emma nods in agreement.

"Especially with ones who look so alike." Millard adds.

"You have to show us!" Claire says and Miss Peregrine clears her throat to get their attention.

"Now children, y/n has had a long day..." She says and Claire and a few others groan in disappointment.

"No, no, it's alright. I can show them if they would like." I say with a genuine smile as I glance over at Alma.

"We should call you Miss Bluejay!" Bronwyn spoke up earning an agreeing smile from Fiona who nods.

"Miss Bluejay and Miss Peregrine! That does have a nice ring to it." Millard says and Alma chuckles.

"Alright, now settle down and eat. We have to stay on schedule." Alma says and the conversation settled as everyone finished and I helped Alma take their plates up. Afterwards, we head to the living room, Alma taking her usual place by the doorway and me sitting on the edge of the couch close to her, Emma and the twins in front of me.

This time it surprisingly did not start with Horaces clothes, instead it started with the incident Alma had with Alex. I could tell she was nervous about this showing in front of the children, but none of them seemed to mind. That could be a bad thing though.

Afterwards, it shifted to what seemed to be during the night. It showed me to be apparently sneaking out of the home, soon shifting to a bluejay and leaving the loop.

The lights flicked on and the children were disappointed that it didn't show more. I was too.

"Head out for reset." Alma says and the children head outside. I linger behind as Alma places her hands in mine.

"You're not leaving are you?" She asks and I give her a confused smile at her thinking.

"Of course not, bluebird. I never would." I assure her and she nods more so to herself.

"Alright." I give her a kiss on her cheek before heading outside, my hand dropping from hers as she walks outside behind me.

I never would want to leave, never even thought of it. But what drove me to do it in the dream?
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last chapter for tonight so decided to leave you all on a cliffhanger🤪