a new day.

The sunlight shone through the window, waking me up.
That morning I woke up quite early, as usual, to go to work.
I didn't really feel like it, since the night before I fell asleep only around 2 am, - but thankfully I only worked in the mornings, for about 4 hours, therefore I didn't need to work that hard.

It was mid July, the heat was starting to feel unbearable for a few weeks already, but luckily, at least for those three months, I was already done with my exams.

I got up from my bed after procrastinating for what felt like hours, and I got ready for the day. I worked in a office, quite a small one, where I had to check a bunch of products and insert them in our system: surely it was not the job of my dreams, but it was enough for me to get by for the moment.
After a quick shower, I put on some light jeans and white t-shirt, accessorising my outfit with some silver jewellery.
I decided that I didn't have enough will to put makeup on; my face was completely red from the fact that I got a sunburnt the day before at the pool, but I liked it on me, - it gave me a bit of color that I usually lacked.

I put my shoes on, and after eating a piece of toast in a hurry, I left the house.
It was not my house, - I was crashing by a friend that I met at my last job, because for the moment I didn't really have a place to stay.
I still had my little appartament where my parents lived, I just wasn't sure if I wanted to be there.

Mornings were usually relaxing, - the temperature wasn't still high enough for you to have to catch your breath every 5 minutes, but I was not that thrilled to be going to work at 9 am on a Monday.

I got in my car and immediately turned the music on, tapping my fingers on the steering wheel as I followed the rhythm of the beat.
As I lit up one of my cigarettes, my phone started buzzing, interrupting my song.

Quite irritated, I picked the phone up, only to see that it was Bill who was calling, my best friend, and the well-known singer of the band Tokio Hotel.
A lot of people wondered where exactly I fit with them, considering that I was a nobody compared to the whole band, - honestly, I did too, but we've been friends since childhood, since we were 5 years old, and we never left each other's side.

I shared my passion for music with him; I played the piano, but I decided not to take that career path, because my one dream was to become a lawyer, and that was what I was studying so hard for day and night.
I got in law school a few years before most of my peers: I had been homeschooled for the last three years of high school, as I couldn't take the bullying anymore, - studying was the only thing that kept me calm, steady, therefore I was able to graduated early and get into a good college even earlier.
It was one of my personal wins.

A little bit happier, I picked up the phone, while started leaving the parking lot.

'Bill, hi', I shouted, trying to cover the sound coming from the car.

'Pearl, what are you doing already driving so early in the morning?', I heard Bill say through the other end of the phone, sounding like he just woke up.

'Bill, are you serious? I'm going to work, what else would I be doing?', his question made me smile, - he was so in his little world sometimes that he really didn't notice things.

'Fuck, it's Monday today. I'm sorry but these days off are messing up my schedule.'

'Well, at least one of us is having fun, but may I ask why you called? Is something wrong?', I said, taking a puff of my cigarette.

'Well, I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to come here, maybe after work. We could have lunch together and hang out, it's been a while since I last saw you.'

His words made me frown a little: it was true, I hadn't seen Bill in three months because of his work, my exams, and everything that happened to me. However, I decided that I would have made it up to him that day.

'Yeah of course, I clock out at about 1 P.M., and then I'm gonna head over to yours', I said.

'Perfect!', he shouted excitedly, 'We all miss you Pearl, even Tom.'

Tom.
Tom Kaulitz was Bill's twin brother, but even though they were identical, they were still very different: Tom was extremely masculine, with long brownish dreads, almost tending towards blond and always up in a ponytail, his lip piercing, and his marked features. His gaze was penetrating, almost as if he wanted to destroy every single thing that surrounded him, which was probably the case.
Whereas Bill was sweeter, his features a bit more feminine and his body thinner, but still his beauty was breathtaking.

'Yeah, sure', I said quietly laughing, shaking my head.

'I'm serious Pearl, he told me that he wanted to talk to you', Bill's tone sounded actually serious, and I was starting to get a little worried. I never actually spoke to Tom about anything serious, so I did not really know how to feel about that information.

Truth was, me and Tom did not have that much of a relationship, - sometimes we would really get on each other's nerves, and other times we were more friendly, but we were never actually friends.

However, every time we were together, I always felt some sort of connection between us, it was more like there was a magnet between our bodies.
And I knew he felt that too, because it was him who confessed his feelings, - if you could even call them feelings - to me two years ago, but I didn't want anything to do with him.
I knew men like him, they were that type of people who would only think about physical well-being, maybe because it was easier, or maybe because he was too scared to open up, in fear that other people would only see their fame, money and glory.
Bill actually confessed this to me, - he was afraid that he was going to stay blocked in his indecision between maintaining his soul intact, or gifting it to someone, with the risk that he would find it completely crushed.

'All right Bill, I'll call you back once I clock out', I said smiling, as if he was with me.

'See you later, lawyer.', I giggled a bit at the nickname that he gave me and I turned my phone off, since I was already in my office's parking lot.

Once I clocked in, I greeted my colleges and ran straight to our warehouse, where I really enjoyed spending time, - it would always give me some peace of mind to think.

In that moment I was thinking about what Tom would have had to say to me that was so important.
Our last real conversation was two years ago, when he confessed his feelings.
But they were not true feelings, he made it very clear that he wanted to see me in his bed, nothing more; after that we stayed on good terms but only when we were surrounded by other people, we didn't really spend more than 5 minutes with each other alone.

I stepped out of my thoughts and I started to actually work, counting our products. I got buried in work that morning, but luckily those four hours passed quickly, and it was finally time to leave.

——
Jesus Christ I've had quite a few issues publishing these part.
This is supposed to be the first chapter and I don't know if you see this first or the other but please bare with me💀