nothing else matters.

Pearl's POV

10.00 AM

Rain was pouring down the city, when I parked Tom's car in front of the building.

I was not looking forward to meet Jessie, as I wasn't the one who willingly chose to talk to a therapist, but I didn't have any other choice.

I didn't hear from Tom for the rest of the day, but I could've have imagined all the trouble he got into just to come home for a few minutes.

I entered the dark and quite depressing hall, as I watched the people taking walks all around the building.

Among all of those people, I spotted him, the love of my life, - waiting for me with a dazzling smile, while he was sitting on one of the couches on my right.

I walked to him, smiling back, as I leaned down to kiss him.

'Hi beautiful', he said, while I stood in front of him as he put his hands on my legs.

'Hi baby', I greeted him back, running my fingers through his hair while I admired his unique beauty.
'Did you get in trouble with Jessie?'

'Not really', he said, shrugging his shoulders and looking up at me.
'She was mad, but she didn't say much.'

'What about Mia?', I said, sitting down next to him as I laid my head on his shoulders.

'Jessie just talked to her and Alex, but nothing really happened', he said, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.
'I guess she's all bark and no bite.'

'Tom', I giggled, rolling my eyes.
'She did kind of scare me when she threatened me to come here.'

'Well, at least she can help you, can't she?', he smiled at me, kissing my forehead.

Sighing, I nodded.

'Yeah, I guess so', I said, focusing on the people in front of us who were making conversations on a couch in front of a cup of coffee.

'You're zoning out again', Tom whispered, as I turned my head to him, giving him an insicure smile.

'Yeah, sorry', I said, focusing back on the people.

'Are you nervous?', he asked me.

I looked at him, shrugging my shoulders.
I was a lot of things, angry more than anything, but not nervous.
As bad as it sounded in my head, I simply didn't care to talk to Jessie, - I was convinced it wouldn't have made a difference anyway.

A part of me, though, - as small as it was-, was curious to hear what she wanted to do with me, maybe even hopeful deep down.

'Pearl', her voice whispered behind my ears, as I turned my head around, while I heard Tom sighing next to me.

'Good morning', she said, politely smiling at me.
'Come with me.'

I looked over my shoulders and caught Tom's eyes, who were fixed on mine, trying to reassure me, while squeezing my hand.

I smiled at him, mimicking an 'I love you' with my lips, while I followed Jessie down the hall to her office.

As soon as we entered, she locked the door behind me and waited for me to sit down in front of her desk.

I looked around the office, observing the many pictures she had hanged on the walls.

'It's good to finally see you here', she said, as she sat down on her desk, her legs crossed and her finger intertwined under her chin.

'So, talk to me', she smiled once again, trying to make me feel comfortable enough to open up to her, but I wasn't there for that.

'I don't really know what you want me to say', I affirmed, shrugging my shoulders.