love and affection.

Thursday, 9.00 AM

Tom's POV

The alarm on my phone made me startle, awaking me almost immediately from my sleep.
I looked around the room feeling confused for a split second, still unbelieving the fact that I was locked in those four walls.
I turned over to my nightstand, where I put my computer the previous night, but I saw that Pearl had hung up the call, she probably had already left for work.

Sighing, I turned back to stare at the ceiling, closing my eyes, even though I couldn't fall back asleep.
I then decided to get up from the bed and get ready for the day, since I would've had my second meeting with the therapist just an hour later.

After getting dressed with the first things I found in my bags - a pair of black jeans and a white tee -, I walked downstairs, where I found Evelyn sitting behind her desk.

'Good morning, Tom', she smiled, as I simply nodded my head to her.

'Where is the kitchen, or whatever you have here?', I asked her, leaning against the short counter, which separated her table from the rest of the room.

'Down the hall, the last door on your right', she said, pointing to the same corridor where Jessie's office was.

'Thanks', I whispered, before stepping away and walking towards that door.

As soon as I opened it, I found myself in front of a vast room, with those white walls that characterised the entire building, and a few paintings hanging on the walls here and there.
There were a dozen round tables in the middle of the room, some with empty seats, whereas others were already full of people eating.
To my right, there were a few counters with food, such as eggs, bread, croissants, and all that kind of stuff.
As much as the rest of that building reminded me of an asylum, that room looked like an high school cafeteria, or at least what I imagined a cafeteria to look like, considering that I never went to high school in America.

I looked around me, feeling a lot of people's eyes glued to my shoulders, as I rushed to take a piece of bread, some jam, and a cup of coffee, before sitting down in a more isolated table.

'It's him', I heard a group of boys say, who looked about the same age as me, and who sat a few tables away from me.

'It's Tom Kaulitz', another guy said, from a table next to me.
'He plays in a band. He's rich as fuck you know, I don't know why he needs to be here, people like him can enjoy drugs without any consequences.'

I closed my eyes sighing, trying as hard as I could to ignore those comments, while I started to sip my coffee.

'Hi', a girl's voice said, as I glared up to her.

Mia sat in front of me with a big smile, accompanied by her boyfriend Alexander.

'This is Alex', she said, pointing to the boy next to her.

Alex was the spitting image of when I was his age: brown dreads tied in a ponytail, a hat on his head, and clothes that were definitely too big for him.

'Nice to meet you', he said, with a strong British accent.
'I heard your guys' stuff, I love what you do' he smiled, sticking his hand out to me.

'Thank you, I appreciate it', I smiled back, shaking his hand.

I instantly felt a weird affection towards him - a boy so young and so innocent, who found himself in a place full of people who would've given their whole life just to inject any kind of substance into their blood.
I hoped he didn't have the same thoughts as them.

'So, Tom', Mia said, drawing my attention back to her, 'are your friends coming to visit you?

'Yeah, on Friday', I said, biting into my bread, 'why?'