let's go home.

5 p.m.

Tom stormed into my room, not caring that I could've been changing or in the shower.

'Suit yourself', I said looking at him from above the computer, lying on the bed.

'No need to say it, blondie. I know', he replied coming to lie next to me, giving a quick glance at my computer.

'You're studying?', he asked me, turning the screen a bit to look at what I was doing.

'Marbury vs Madison', he read out loud the title of the assignment I was working on about the renowned case of the Supreme Court.

He stayed silent for a few minutes, finishing reading the rest of the article.
'Wow, Pearl, you writing is really good', he said.

'Thanks, but I still need to change a few things. I'm not quite satisfied with it yet', I said, turning the computer back to me while turning it off.

'Are you ever?', he said letting out a little giggle,  and I laughed back.
It was true, I was hardly ever truly satisfied about myself and my exams, but that was just because I always expected the best and nothing less from myself.

I took one of my cigarettes from the nightstand and lit it up.
'You want one?', I asked Tom, knowing that he would've asked me himself anyway.
He took it and lit it up, and we stayed silent, smoking.

'Tom', I said turning my head to look at him, after a few minutes.

'Mh?', he said, continuing to smoke.

'How do you know about that night?', I asked him, while watching him smoke.
He was extremely beautiful, with his mouth slightly open to let the smoke out, and his jaw tightening at the sound of my words.

He put a hand on my knee, and turned to me, smiling.
That was the exact look I was trying to avoid, the reason why I lied to everyone, - I didn't want anyone to look at me with pity.
I didn't want anyone to feel guilty about what I did, to ask themselves what they could've done, it was my choice and my choice only, and I couldn't stand people trying to take that away from me.

'I'll tell you when you'll tell me why you did it', that sentence sounded very much like blackmail to me, and that irritated me a bit.

I got up, throwing the cigarette out in the bin that was next to the door, and I started to walk to the bathroom.

'When you're ready to go, let me know', I said with my back turned to him, without looking at him.

'I'm ready', he said, and walked up to the bathroom, standing right in front of the door.
I turned to look at him, raising an eyebrow.

'Okay, you want to get out of here so I can change or..?', I asked, crossing my arms in front of my chest, and I could've swore that I saw him blushing for a split second.

'Oh. Yeah, sorry. I'll wait for you downstairs', he said slightly embarrassed, going out of the room and closing the door on his way.

I sighed and went back to the bathroom, to splash myself with cold water, as a way to prepare myself for what I was about to do.

After 10 minutes I was ready and went downstairs were Tom was waiting for me, leaning against the table and with his car keys in his hands.
When he saw me, he got up and we went out of the house together.

We walked to his car, which was beautiful to say the least.
Tom had about three cars, but his favourite and the one he drove the most was his black Audi R8, with tinted windows and white rims.
I stood in front of it for some time, admiring it before sitting down on the passenger's seat.