she sees my best side.

Tom's POV

As soon as I left Pearl's room, I immediately walked towards Bill's door.
I didn't want to fight with him, on the contrary, I hated fighting with him.
The times where we really fought were few, but when it happened it never ended good.
Therefore, I decided to man up, and look for a confrontation with him, without yelling or hitting each other.

I arrived in front of the door of his room, and I stepped in, without caring to knock.

Bill was laying on the bed, his phone in his hands, which the threw on the pillow beside him once he saw me, an irritated expression on his face.

'Tom, I don't have time for this', he said pointing to the door, basically asking me to leave.

'I don't care Bill, we need to talk', I replied, going up to lay next to him.

Bill sighed, resting his hands on his stomach, without looking at me.
I looked at him for a few seconds, before deciding to talk.

'I'm sorry, I know I haven't been behaving the best lately', I started to say, but I was interrupted by his laughter.
As much as that laugh irritated me, however, I promised myself not to lose control, and I closed my eyes taking a big breath.

'You think so?', he said, turning his head to me.
I put my hand behind my head, as I nodded.

'Yes', I replied, 'I'm sorry, Bill, I truly am. It's just that with everything that's been going on, between Pearl and me'

'Yeah', once again, he interrupted me, still laughing.
However, his laughter was not amused, it was a nervous laugh.

'Bill, it's not her fault. And it wasn't fair from you to make her think that', I said in the kindest way I could, even if what Pearl said to me angered me, a lot.

'I know',  Bill said, without laughing this time.
He started to play with his hands, intertwining his fingers together, and I saw resentment in his face, as he looked down.
He was sorry.

'She's not the problem', I continued, starting to stare at the door, while I was reliving our moments together.
Her perfume, her voice, her body, her laugh.

'I think she makes my best side come out, Bill, and I don't know how to handle it', I admitted.

Bill sighed, turning to his side to look at me.

'I know you love her, I can see it from the way you treat her. But you're forgetting that she's not the only one around you, you can't treat her good, and forget about the rest of us whenever she's not around, or whenever you fight.'

I turned my head to him, nodding at his words, because I knew he was right.
My mood changed because of her, it depended on how she felt, and when something wasn't right between us, I would've took it out on everyone else around me, but her.

'You're right Bill. I'll try, I'll really try', I said, and Bill slightly smiled.

'She went out with Jocelyn', he said, laying back on the bed, and taking out a cigarette.

'I know, I think it will be good for her', I said, showing my hand in front of Bill's face, to ask him for a cigarette.
He gave me one, lighting it up, as we started to smoke in complete silence.

We were thinking about everything that happened, my fight with Christian, the fight between us, and he was probably thinking about his argument with Pearl too.
However, I couldn't take it anymore, as I asked him the one question which had been buzzing in my head for months.

'Bill', I said, catching his attention.
'Why do you think she did it? Attempted, I mean', I said, looking at him.

Bill turned his head down, and I knew that topic hurt him, but sooner or later we would've had to talk about it, and the sooner we did it, the better it would've been, especially for her.