mommy.

Sunday, 12.00 P.M.
Pearl's POV

I slowly opened my eyes, touching the sheets around me.
It took me a few minutes to fully become aware of my surroundings and where I was: my bed, the covers that were all the way up to my head, the light coming from the window.

My head hurt, my ears were ringing and I felt nauseous, yet I didn't remember why I was feeling so sick.
I picked up my phone, as I saw 20 missed calls from Tom, but when I turned around, I saw him laying right next to me.

'Tom?', I asked, confused as to why he was there.

He was laying on the bed, with his phone in his hand and his other hand rubbing my back gently, and as soon as he heard my voice he immediately put his phone away, crawling closer to me.

'Pearl', he whispered, wrapping his arms around my waist, 'how are you feeling?'

'I feel sick', I replied, resting my head against his chest, 'but why are you here? Shouldn't you be in rehab?'

Tom sighed, looking away and running his hand through his braids.
'You don't remember anything, do you?', he asked me, turning back to me.

I frowned, trying to remember the previous night, but it was all a blur.

'I mean, I remember going out with the guys, and the bar, but that's about it', I said, shrugging my shoulders.

He looked at me, concern and sadness in his eyes, which got me worrying about what had happened that I couldn't remember clearly.

'Why? Did something happen?', I asked him, laying on my side.

'I'm so sorry, Pearl', he said, tucking my hair behind my ear.

'Why are you sorry?', I asked, sitting straight on the bed.

He sighed, standing up and taking a glass of water which was placed on the nightstand.
He handed me the glass, along with a couple of pills.

I took the glass in my hands and drank a sip of water, unsure whether to take the pills or not, as I simply stared at them.

'Take them, they're just painkillers', Tom said, as I took one of the two pills and quickly swallowed it, followed by another sip of water.

'Can you tell me what happened?', I whispered, putting the glass down on the floor.

Tom, sighing, sat back down next to me, taking my hand in his.

'I'm so fucking mad, Pearl, I'm furious', he began to speak, brushing his thumb on my skin.
'I just want you to know that from this moment on you'll always be protected, no matter what.'

'Tom, you're starting to scare me', I said, trying to look at him in his eyes, but he avoided my gaze at all costs.

'You were drugged, Pearl', he said, finally looking at me.

'What?', I whispered, 'no, I was not.'

'Yeah', he said, 'a man put something in your water, yesterday.'

As he said those words, I began to remember a few imagines here and there: me walking up to the bartender, a man trying to hold me down against his body, Bill helping me go back to the table.

'Fuck', I whispered, standing up from the bed and running to the bathroom, followed by Tom.

I turned the cold water of the sink on, splashing it on my face, trying to realise what had happened.

I hold onto the sink, my knuckles turning white, taking big breaths as I felt the nausea starting to get worse.

'Are you okay?', Tom asked me from behind my shoulders, walking up to me and trying to stroke my arms, as I shook my head.