I always knew you were special.

Me and Tom walked back to the kitchen, where luckily no one was there.

'You want something to eat?', he asked me, opening the fridge as I shook my head.

'No thank you, I think I'm going to study for a bit', I said, and he nodded still looking into the fridge, without turning.

I went up the stairs, only turning once, but that was enough for me to spot Tom looking at me with a big smirk on his face, eating an apple with his elbows resting on the table.

I shook my head, waving my hand to him, as I arrived on top of the stairs.
While I was walking towards my room, I noticed that Bill's door was slightly opened, so I decided to peek inside of his room.
Christian was already undoing Bill's long black dreads, while he was looking at his phone.
However, Christian noticed me and he lifted his head up from Bill's hair to smile at me.
A little embarrassed, I smiled back the best I could and I walked towards my room.

I had a quick shower, letting the hot air from the sunny day dry my wet hair, and I got dressed, with black jeans shorts and a pink top.
I then took my book and my computer and placed them on top of the bed, going out in the terrace to smoke a cigarette.

I sat down on my usual chair and I lit it up, letting the smoke fill up my lungs.
I closed my eyes, resting my head against the window behind me, as I was reliving the moments I just had with Tom.
I was thinking about the way he was moving, his sweat slightly falling on my skin, the words he said.
He was some kind of drug for me, the more I got the more I wanted, but I knew I had to be more cautious.
I couldn't use him for my personal benefits, for my physical needs, - I couldn't become the same person he was trying so hard to change for me, it would've hurt him way too much.

After throwing away my cigarette, I picked up the things I needed to study and I went back to the living room, which Tom already left.
I looked outside of the window that led to the driveway in front of the gate, and I noticed him walking to his car.

For some reason, I wanted to follow him, I wanted to ask him where he was going and what he had to do.
My anxiety and paranoia got the best of me for a second: what if he was going to see another girl?
I shook my head, thinking that Tom would've never done that, would he?

I placed my computer and books on the table, immersing myself in my work, trying to control my thoughts.
I ran my fingers through my hair, as I was desperately trying to catch up with everything I left behind in those days.
I always expected the best from myself at all times, I wanted to build a name for myself, to prove everyone around me who doubted me wrong.
But it seemed impossible in that moment, as I was staring at the thousands pages I still had to study.
I sighed, disappointed in myself for letting my stupid thoughts and the mess I had in my head take control over me and letting me fall behind with my exams, but I concentrated the best that I could and I started to study.

After a couple of hours, I heard Bill and Christian come down to the living room.
I turned around to face them, and I was shocked about Bill's new hair.
His black dreads were gone, replaced with a short hair cut, almost shaved on the sides, which suited him perfectly, leaving his beautiful features exposed.

'Good morning Pearl', he said smiling and running up to me, leaving me a kiss on the cheek.

'Wow, you look beautiful', I said, touching a strand of his hair, while he smiled satisfied.

'I have to thank Christian for making me look even more handsome than I already am', he said laughing, and pointing to Christian who was leaning with his back against the sofa, his arms crossed in front of his chest.

'My pleasure', he said, taking a step closer to Bill.
'I have to say, I did quite a great job'

I turned a bit to my side to look at Christian, who was admiring his work, and only in that moment I noticed his several tattoos covering his arms and even if the black ink was not fully visible on his dark skin, they still looked beautiful.
They suited him and completed his look, which was surely characteristic.