birthday boy.

Pearl's POV

Friday, 8.00 p.m

It had been a couple of weeks since Tom came back home, - things were going great.
I was finally back to work, even though I helped the guys with the album whenever I could, including my piano solos.

I was feeling better, both physically and mentality, even if some nights I stayed awake and regretted every single decision I have ever made.
Some nights I found myself staring and the ceiling, questioning what I was truly worth, - if I was truly the person everyone described, or the one I described myself.

However, Tom wouldn't leave my side even for just a second, which helped me to ease down on the pills, that I could finally take with a doctor's prescription, so I wouldn't feel guilty for taking them from Bill.

Brad ran away for a few weeks, but me and Tom found out that exact morning that he was arrested, - both for dealing drugs, and paying someone to drug me just to torture Tom, for whatever reason he had.

Things were finally, truly, going good between me and Tom, we were closer than ever and happier than ever.
He deserved to be happy, and I loved seeing him genuinely smile and laugh.
As for me, I couldn't say that I felt like I deserved to be happy, at least not as much as he deserved it, but a smile lit up my face whenever I was next to him.

Bill and Jocelyn finally got back together, after several weeks of talking things out, and me and her had got even closer.

That Friday was Tom and Bill's birthday and, even though they insisted on not wanting to celebrate it, me and Jocelyn wanted to show them how much we both loved them.

It was almost night time, and the boys were out in the city for yet another meeting, the fourth one since Tom came back.
I could feel he was still a bit tense whenever it came to talking with his team, - he feared that they would have left him without a job.
However, I knew that they were just worried about him and wanted him to come back to work the best way he possibly could.

While Tom and Bill were out, me and Jocy decided to put on our best chefs masks and bake them a birthday cake.
For the most part, it was Jocy who cooked, considering that I couldn't even turn on the oven, but I helped the best I could.

'Okay, it's should be ready in about 40 minutes', Jocy smiled, as she put the cake in the oven and looked at her watch.

'Do we have time to decorate?', I said, taking a few balloons from a plastic bag I had put on the counter.

'Yeah, they won't be back for another hour', Jocy said.

I nodded, taking the balloons and starting to hang them around the walls, helped by Jocelyn who kept still the chair I was standing on.

After hanging what felt like a thousand balloons, I jumped off the chair and proudly admired my work.

The living room was decorated with big balloons, the floor had a red carpet on it, beginning from the front door all the way to the base of the stairs, and the window were adorned with red paper hearts with Tom and Bill's name on it, which me and Jocy drew and cut personally.

'When is everyone else coming?', I asked Jocelyn, turning to her, who was looking at the cake inside of the oven.

'They should be here in about-', she said, but she was cut off by the bell ringing.
'Now', she smiled at me, running towards the front door.

Once she opened it, four familiar faces came in smiling.
Georg, Gustav, and their girlfriends, - Bailey and Erika.

'Hi beauties', Erika smiled at me and Jocy, hugging us both, as Bailey kissed us on the cheek.