long time no see.

Guys, I've had some issues with publishing these chapter already because this app doesn't tolerate me apparently💀
This is supposed to be the secondo chapter, so if you see this first instead of the other, please read the one called 'a new day' first, I promise it will make much more sense.
Love 🫶🏻

——

I stepped in my car, tired and sweaty from the hot day, and I began to drive to Bill's house, right after letting him know that I was on my way.

Luckily, their house was only a 15 minute drive away from my work place, and I couldn't wait to eat, take a shower, and most importantly to finally see Bill.
After only 10 minutes, thanks to my incredible driving skills, I parked in the parking lot in front of the house.

Their house was more like a giant villa, quite the opposite of the one where I came from. It was majestic for me: in front of the parking lot there was an enormous gate, that led to the beautiful garden, that obviously came with a big pool. Walking through the gravel driveway, I arrived in front of a small marble staircase, in front of which there was the front door. I smiled, looking around and remembering all the great memories that I had in that house, and I rang the bell.

I waited just a few seconds until the door was shot open, and finally I could see my Bill.
He was wearing tight black jeans and a T-shirt of the same color, wearing his beautiful black dreads in a low ponytail.

My eyes immediately light up at the sight of my best friend, the person I loved the most in the entire world, and he didn't think twice before taking me into his arms and lifting me up, like we hadn't seen each other in years, - even though those few months without him felt like an eternity to me.

'I'm so happy to see you', Bill whispered while stroking my hair gently; I really missed his tight hugs, those type of hugs that could make me forget the world, the evil, and feel at ease with myself.

'Me too Bill, I missed you so much', I said taking a step back from his hug to look at him in the eyes and give him a soft kiss on his forehead.

'Now, if you let me, I'm going to take a shower, I'm too sweaty to be around anyone right now', I said laughing, making him giggle a little bit, showing me his beautiful smile full of life.
He was actually a light for me, I saw him as my light that I could follow whenever I felt lost.

'Well, you already know where to go', he said smiling and giving me a kiss on the cheek, only to lay on the sofa a few seconds after.
I indeed passed most of my time in that house, since they lived alone and there was always peace in there, - surely not quite like my own place.

Nevertheless, it always left me speechless: the living room was huge, with two couches on the left of the big space, in front of a mini bar, and a beautiful kitchenette on the right, right behind a little table.
On my right there was another big room, which was their little gym, and in front of me there was a corridor that led to the bathroom and the laundry room.
In front of the sofas there were two flights of stairs that led to bathrooms and bedrooms upstairs.
It was quite possibly my dream house.

I placed my purse on the kitchenette table and went straight upstairs.
It was kind of weird to be there after everything that happened to me, and it was actually the first time talking with someone face so face who was not my parents or my doctors, - but no one expect them knew what I went through, not even Bill, since I just told him that I wasn't doing good and I needed time. I spared him the time of actually saying everything to him, mostly because I felt like I was weighing on him the burden that my life became.

As soon as I went upstairs, I ran to one of the bathrooms and opened the door, but I froze right in front of the entrance: Tom was in there, shirtless, with his usual baggy jeans, and he looked like he just finished shaving.
I stared at him for a few seconds, before he actually acknowledged my presence: his muscles were a little more defined than I remembered from a few months back, so that must have meant that he actually started using the gym on which they spent so much money. His dreads were even longer than before, but always in a ponytail, and his piercing was reflecting the light coming from the window, while his lips were slightly open.

After what felt like an hour, he finally noticed I was standing there like a tree, and turned his attention to me. He stared right into my eyes, almost making me stumble as he never did it before; he was just looking at me, without saying a single word.
His eyes were a little different from what I remembered: they were brown, beautiful actually, but they were a little less lifeless, less angry.

I decided to break that intense, and quite awkward silence:'I'm sorry, I didn't think you would be home', I said, staring at the floor.

'You really thought I would have missed you coming back, Pearl?', he said, getting closer to me, - so close that I could've felt the warmth of his skin, and his finger slightly touching mine. That touch made me shiver a little, - we were never actually this close, and I was starting to get confused as to why he was acting this way now.

Tom was always quite a caring person, I could tell that in the way the treated Bill, - but I thought that fame, being costantly followed, and the need to always be perfect made some sort of anger snap in him; an anger that he had to suppress in any way possible, and that made him angry and violent once the cameras where turned off.

'Can I take a shower?', I asked him, taking a step back from his touch.

He smiled at me, but it was not a genuine smile, - it was more like a smirk.

'Of course blondie, whatever you want', he said, stepping out of the bathroom, so that I could come in.

I walked in the bathroom, putting my phone on top of the sink and looking at myself in the mirror, when I realised that I didn't have any other clothes.
I looked back at Tom, peeking out of the door.

' Tom', I called him, while he turned immediately to me.

'Mh?', he mumbled, looking at me.

'Could you ask Bill if I can borrow some of his clothes? I didn't bring anything with me, Bill called when I already left this morning', I said, while blushing. For some reason, I felt nervous being around him, at least when he was half naked, and in comparison to him I felt small.

Tom smiled at me, this time almost sweetly.

'I'll take care of it blondie', he said, turning back around and going down the stairs.

I stepped back into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me.
I looked at my face in the mirror once again, touching my burnt skin, and thinking about how stupid I could be to forget to put sunscreen on.
I took my clothes off and I put them on a little sofa that was between the sink and the bathtub.
Right next to it there was a big shower with glass doors, and I turned the cold water on.
I walked into the shower, letting the freezing water touch my burning skin, giving me some kind of relief from the heat of the day.
I tilted my head back a little, letting the water gently touch and wet my hair, and I started thinking.

I was thinking about what happened durning the time in which I basically abandoned Bill, about that night in the hospital.
What that doctor said was something that I would've never forgot :'Just one more pill and you could've died, is that what you wanted?'
I couldn't agree with him, at least not right in front of my parents; I didn't really understand the need to make it a problem, it was clear that whatever I wanted to do I didn't succeed in it, and I would have had to live with that feeling of guilt, with that failure, forever.