california love.

After about an hour, me and Tom got ready and left the house, walking to his car.

'You're sure about this, Tom?', I asked, stepping into his car, and he followed my example, turning the AC on.

'Why wouldn't I be sure?', he asked, turning the car on.

I punt my seatbelt on, looking at him.

'I mean, there will probably be a lot of paparazzis and they'll photograph us together', I said, noticing a weird look in his eyes.

'Unless you don't want them to see us together', I corrected myself, looking down at my hands and playing with my rings.

Tom shook his head laughing, smiling, and starting to leave the parking lot.

'Why wouldn't I want them to see us together?', he said putting his hand on my leg, as he always did.

'I don't know, I just thought that maybe it would have bothered you', I shrugged my shoulders.

'Why would it bother me? You know I love-' he didn't finish his sentence, instead he started coughing, turning the radio on to cover the embarrassment of the moment.

I obviously knew what he was about to say, and I felt my heart skip a beat.
However, I was grateful that he didn't say it; I knew what I felt for him, but I wanted to be sure before hearing him say it and before saying that I loved him too, that I wanted to love him for as long as possible.
Deep down I felt ready, I felt like I genuinely wanted to express my feelings for him, but surely I didn't want it to happen in his car, while he was driving.

I smiled at him reassuring him, since I saw some sort of doubt in his eyes, and I didn't want him to think that I didn't feel the same way about him.
I gave him a kiss on the cheek and I saw his eyes light up at that gesture.

'I don't know if I ever told you this, but you own my dream car', I said examining the leather seats, the big screen standing next to the steering wheel, the tinted windows.

'And you still haven't seen her at her best', he said turning to me, taking my hand.

'Her?', I asked him, giggling.

'Yeah of course, her name is Sally', he said, proudly.

'Sally? Sally like the Porsche in Cars?'

'I see you came prepared', I started laughing at him.
It was both cute and hilarious how he named his car after a cartoon.

'You're making fun of Sally?', he asked, frowning, turning his gaze to the road.
He started to push the accelerator pedal harder than before, as he was driving up to 111 mph, on a road that wasn't made for that type of speed.

The adrenaline I felt in that moment was something unexplainable.
I was never that interested in cars, engines and all sort of things, but I always loved sports cars.
I loved them since I was a little girl, they gave me that feeling of a speed that could make you run away from every problem, every thought.

Once Tom slowed down a bit, I started to breathe, noticing that I was holding my breath during all that time he was speeding.

'You liked it?', he asked me, giving me a little pinch in my leg.

'Can I try it?'

'Not happing, I'm the only one allowed to drive her', he said, raising his hand from mine and laughing.

'Please, Tommy?', I said, giving him my best puppy face, sticking my bottom lip out.

Tom looked at me sighing, and stopped the car by the side of the road.