you truly are.

After about a couple of hours, my workout was done; I was quite tired but honestly very satisfied with myself.
Going to the gym helped me throughout the worst year of my life, and even if I tended to self sabotage myself when it came to my body, - always thinking about how I wasn't ever going to be good enough, - working out helped me to plug my head off and be in peace for at least a couple hours a day.

I went into the little bathroom that was near the living room to have my second shower of the day and changed back to my shorts and Tom's shirt, before heading back to my room, - or at least that's what I liked to call it when I stayed at the Kaulitz's place.

I opened to the door, to find Tom laying on the bed with one hand placed on the back of his head, while the other one was holding the tv remote, surfing through the channels.
I almost got scared at his sight, as I completely forgot about him and his stupid braids.

When he saw me entering the room, he smiled at me, gesturing me to join him next to him on the bed.
I walked up to him and put my gym clothes in the laundry basket, promising to myself that I would've washed them, if I didn't have to go back to my house; quite frankly I was hoping for Bill to ask me to spend the night there, as he usually would've.
I didn't really want to go back to my house, or more like my parents' house, that I hadn't seen in a week anyway, - not that it upset me that much.

'Took you long enough', Tom said, turning the tv off and sitting with his back against the headboard.

'Are you sure about this Tom? I've never did something like this before', I said, taking the plastic bag in my hands and looking at all the equipments in there.

'I'm just asking you to braid my hair, not to lose your virginity or something like that', he stared at me while laughing, thinking that his joke was funny to somebody other than him.
I gave him a dirty look, warning him to shut up before I got mad; his arrogant ways really got on my nerves sometimes, - most of the time.

'I don't think you're that stupid to think I'm actually a virgin, Tom. I'm 20', I said, with the most serious tone that I could use.

'Of course I know blondie, you really think Bill wouldn't tell me about all the times you found a loser to sleep with?', he said, looking at me up and down, still laughing like a kid.
That was what he was, -a disperspecftul child, - and I wouldn't have taken any disrespect from anyone, especially Tom.

'Calling them losers just because I actually slept with them and not with you isn't going to work, Tom, I know you're still bugged about that. Don't take it personal though', I said looking at him straight in the eyes, and this time was my turn to laugh at him, while his arrogant smile transformed into a frown, giving me a big feeling of satisfaction.

He wanted to play, but he didn't know me well enough to know who he had in front of him. I wasn't going to let him humiliate me.

'Now, do you want these damn braids or do you want to snout for the rest of your life?' I said, starting to open the packet of rubber bands and the gel, while searching for my phone to find some sort of tutorial on how I could possibly do something like that.

'Whatever', Tom said, still visibly irritated, and taking his phone from the nightstand.

'I want them like this', he showed me a photo of some sort of black braids, that were very tight and straight on the top of his head.
I just sighed and nodded, since I apparently had no other choice, but still I asked myself why he would ask me to do his hair when he clearly had to money to simply go to a salon, instead of wasting my time.

Tom got up, but sat back down briefly after on the edge of the bed and I kneeled down behind him, in front of his back.

He started to remove his hat and his headband, letting his dreads down. They were definitely longer than before, and they were a lot.
I grabbed one dread with my hands, examining it, thinking what I needed to do do obtain his natural hair from those dreads.

After 5 minutes of just staring at his hair, I simply gave up and asked him: 'Tom, how am I supposed to remove your dreads?' I said, looking at the back of his head.

He didn't reply, he just sighed, - taking his comb and his hat, - and went straight to the bathroom without even looking at me.

I was a bit confused, but kind of glad, thinking that maybe he would've given up this crazy hairstyle idea.
I laid down on my side with my head on the soft pillow, and I fell asleep almost immediately, as it was the first time I touched my bed since that morning.

16.00 P.M.

I heard the bathroom door opening, with Tom in front of it, but I was half asleep, and surely I didn't want to get up.
He waited about 5 minutes before coming up to me, and slightly shaking my arm.

He bent down to my hear whispering my name, and I felt some shivers going through my body, feeling his warm breath and the sweetness of his tone.
I finally got up, rubbing my eyes and yawning, and I saw him with his natural hair.

He had very long curly hair, but it was a lot darker than his dreads, so he must have bleached it black. His waves were actually beautiful, they made him look older than he was, - more mature.

'Why don't you keep it this way? It looks good', I said, pointing at his hair.

'Oh don't even try it Pearl, you promised me a favour.', he said smiling, and going back to his spot on the edge of the bed.

A bit annoyed and sleepy, I followed him and returned to sit behind his back, and I started playing the tutorial that I found on my phone.

I divided his hair into little sections, and looking at my phone now and then, I started to braid it, using the comb and the gel, and doing it as best as I could to achieve the look he wanted.

I gave my best, - I wasn't aware of why I was putting so much effort into it, but the fact that Tom asked me a favour made me feel obliged to show him that I was able to achieve something in my life; I wanted to show him that I was good at something.
Deep down I knew that that feeling had nothing to do with Tom and everything to do with me and my own thoughts and insecurities, but in the end if I did my best both of us would've been happy, so that's what I did.

' I still don't get why you had to ask me to do this, you could've just went to a salon', I said, braiding what felt like the thousand strand.

'Sure, I guess we can blame my laziness for it', he said, turning his body a bit, which resulted in our faces just being a few inches away from each other.
I was starting to feel nervous under his slight touch, that wasn't even a real touch, but his warmth felt so strong on my skin that I felt like he was actually touching me, without even lifting a finger.
I started at his side profile for a brief second, without him noticing, but I quickly got back to his hair to distract myself.

He wasn't really talking, he was just there sitting silently and looking at his phone, while trying to look at me from time to time, meanwhile I was too focused on his braids.

20.00 P.M.

I finally finished braiding his hair, after 4 hours of pain on my thumbs and arms, which felt completely anaesthetised.

'Done', I said, looking at my work; I was satisfied with the end result, - surely they were not perfect, but for my first and probably last time attempting to braid, they were basically indentical to what Tom showed me.

Tom quickly got up from his bed, and ran to the mirror to look at himself, taking some of his braids in his hands.

'They're perfect, Pearl', he said with a surprised giggle, turning to me and giving me a big smile that lit his face up.

In that moment my vision got dizzy for a brief second, as I was admiring him for the first time with the new hairstyle.
The braids turned out pretty good, but they really suit him as well.
They made him look even more masculine, older and mature.
His pronounced jawline stood out even more, as well as his brown eyes and his lip piercing, that was changed from metallic to black, matching his hair.

'Thank you, blondie', he said, turning back to the mirror for a quick second, before returning to the bed to sit next to me.

I smiled at him, taking a braid in my hand and analysing it.
'What can I say, I'm talented in everything I do', I joked, giggling and letting go of his hair.

He laughed, looking at the floor, then raising his eyes, staring into mine with a serious expression all of a sudden.

'You truly are.'