doubts.

Pearl's POV

Monday, 9.00 A.M.

'Come on, get up', the blonde woman said, walking inside of my room and opening all of the windows, so that the light could come in.

'Five more minutes', I mumbled, crawling to the other side of the bed and covering my face with my pillow.

'Pearl, you've been sleeping since 4 P.M., it's time to get up', she said, dragging my covers all the way to my feet.

I sighed, slowly sitting straight on the bed and stretching my arms upwards.

'How are you feeling?', she smiled, sitting on the edge of the bed, facing me.

'Better, I think', I replied, smiling back, 'thank you for coming, mom. I know it was out of the blue, I didn't know what to do.'

'Don't thank me', she smiled, once again, - a smile I thought I would've never seen again.
'You'll always be my baby, you know that.'

I nodded, looking down at my hands.
I hadn't seen my mom in a couple of months, at that point, - since the day me and Tom came to my house and collected all of my things.
The same day my father tried to hit me one more time, the same day she let him do it, after insulting me.
I was glad she came over when I called, but it wasn't easy for me to forgery everything she did to me during the years, even if she always came back.

'Can you tell me exactly what happened?', she asked, laying next to me and putting her hand on my thigh.

'I told you, I don't remember the exact details', I replied, 'I remember going out to a bar, and I remember some guy drugging my water. I don't know who he is or why he did it, but he's in jail now', she nodded.

'I'm sorry that happened to you', she whispered, 'I just hope you finally understand what I was trying to protect you from.'

I rolled my eyes, moving away from her just a bit.
'Mom, can we not do this now, please?'

'We have to talk about it', she said, shaking her head, 'god knows when I'll hear from you ever again.'

'It's not like that', I tried to say, but she cut me off.

'Is it? You moved out, without giving us a proper explanation', she said, the tone in her voice stronger than before.

'You mean you kicked me out', I specified, turning to her and looking into her green eyes, which were so similar to mine, yet so different.

'We didn't kick you out.'

'Right, you just threatened to, for the fourth time in a week', I interrupted.

'You were out of control, Pearl. You weren't sleeping in your house, we didn't know what you were doing', she said, 'for all we knew you could have been out attempting to take your own life again.'

My stomach turned at her words, as I dug my teeth into my bottom lip.

'It's not like you ever cared that much', I whispered, lowering my gaze once again.

'What are you talking about?'

'Did you ever bother asking me how I felt for once?', I said, 'or was my attempt just an inconvenience to you?'

'Don't be silly', she laughed, which angered me even more.

'Forget it, it was a mistakes calling you', I said, standing up from the bed.
I walked to the door, opening it and looking straight into my mother's eyes, making her understand it was time for her to leave.

'Seriously?', she laughed again, as I stared at her.

'Fine', she took her purse from the floor and stood up.
'Always making it impossible for everyone to be on your side, something you're great at', she mumbled, before walking closer to me.